Private administrator-created pages for each user

12 years 8 months ago #172044 by viewofheaven
I would like to create content for each registered user. Such content will only be accessible by the ONE registered user it is meant for.

Is this possible in CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172047 by nant

viewofheaven wrote: I would like to create content for each registered user. Such content will only be accessible by the ONE registered user it is meant for.

Is this possible in CB?

Possible solutions:

CB Privacy, CBSubs, Profile Gallery.

Also just making a tab with fields on it that are read-only and placing the tab on a not for profile viewing position. This way only admins can modify content and only users can see when editing their profile.

12 years 8 months ago #172157 by mmsanchez
How can i configure like only Admins can edit a particular custom field on frontend and display in Profile page, but not allowing the users to edit it. For example, I have a custom drop down field "Associations", i want this field to be selected only by some Admins or designated user levels, but must be in read only or disabled mode in User Edit.

Please help.

thanks

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172171 by nant

mmsanchez wrote: How can i configure like only Admins can edit a particular custom field on frontend and display in Profile page, but not allowing the users to edit it. For example, I have a custom drop down field "Associations", i want this field to be selected only by some Admins or designated user levels, but must be in read only or disabled mode in User Edit.

Please help.

thanks

Make field read-only.
This way only CB Moderators can edit it from frontend.

Configuration for this and more is available in CB Documentation (for Advanced and Professional members).

12 years 8 months ago #172347 by mmsanchez
Strange, I did this already but to no avail. I have a user named Test w/ access level as Administrator. I set one field, "Associations", as Read Only so that the user-owner wont be able to edit it except the Admin.

However, when i try to login as Test (Admin) and tried to edit that field, it's still locked or uneditable.

12 years 8 months ago #172365 by viewofheaven
Yeah, I had the same experience. I'm scared of purchasing CBSub now. Think I'll just hack it myself. I just need a static page layout that has (registered) user-specific data.

Along the same lines, I had to clean up CB_Login. The code was a complete mess, jumbling logic and presentation into textbook spaghetti disaster. I cleaned it up, and created various types of layouts (besides vertical and horizontal).

After all that effort, I'm not sure I wanna contribute that to CB, given that I actually have to pay to use CB plugins. Quid pro quo feeling, I guess. Maybe that's what CB team is doing too, and rightfully so. Give a basic toothbrush free, and charge for advanced ones that don't wear out our gums on use.

Oh, and I also had to hack my own language file. I get a (scary) funny feeling, knowing that I would have paid a year's subscription just to get a language file. I did it in 5 minutes myself.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn