Predefined field for full name?

12 years 7 months ago #175387 by Marafiki
Predefined field for full name? was created by Marafiki
I searched everywhere but i did not find an answer.

Think it should be possible to display first and last name in one field even if i choose Username for the predefined field.

I would like the predefined formatname field to just contain the Username to show it in the Profile name tab. at the other hand i would like to have first name and last name selected for users to enter.

BUT if i select these options i dont have a predefined field to display in the profile tabs to show the full name in just one line. Is it possible to create an own predefined field to realise that.

I tried everything i know in cb but i cant see any possibilitie? Someone out there knows a solution? Am i right, that i can only create simple field or are there any words to enter, that will create something predefined without knowing php and changing core?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175406 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Predefined field for full name?
You should be able to grab the [firstname] [lastname] fields in a new delimiter field.

12 years 7 months ago #175468 by Marafiki
Replied by Marafiki on topic Re: Predefined field for full name?
Wow that works perfectly. I didnt know about the delimiter fields. Thank you so much!

Is it possible to search for this field and to not have it inside the edit profile?

If i dont have first name and last name published inside the profile i cant search for it. and can i unpublish the full name field which i created with the delimiter from the profile edit? Its still there even if i put it to not be editable.

12 years 7 months ago #175472 by Marafiki
Replied by Marafiki on topic Re: Predefined field for full name?
I found a way to have the email still searchable even if its not shown in the profile by sending the contactinfo to a place where it is not shown in the profile but still publish it there.

I could do the same thing with first name and last name but like this it will be in the contact info to edit.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn