Fatal error: Allowed memory size

12 years 7 months ago #177795 by yednef
Fatal error: Allowed memory size was created by yednef
Hi I have the same error (when I want to upload a 3Mo picture in my CB profile):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13824 bytes) in /home/.../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 415

But I don't understand why 13824 bytes couldn't be allocated if the allowed memory size is 67108864 bytes

The values given by my host is :

Resource Limits memory_limit Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB) 64M
File Uploads upload_max_filesize Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 64M

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177846 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size

yednef wrote: Hi I have the same error (when I want to upload a 3Mo picture in my CB profile):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13824 bytes) in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>.../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 415

But I don't understand why 13824 bytes couldn't be allocated if the allowed memory size is 67108864 bytes

The values given by my host is :

Resource Limits memory_limit Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB) 64M
File Uploads upload_max_filesize Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 64M

Thanks for your help!

This is not a potential bug (moving to other forum area).

Your PHP memory is not enough for everything you have installed and are running on your Joomla site. Every component, module and plugin consume memory. Sometimes they call PHP functions that also consume memory.

The memory consumed has nothing to do with the actual size of the image being uploaded.
The straw that broke the camels back is cause by the image resizing process that takes place after the image is uploaded.

You can ask your hoster to increase php memory for you as a solution.

Please read this tutorial also:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18200-checking-your-php-memory

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn