Edit Profile Layout

12 years 4 months ago #183962 by rayard23
Edit Profile Layout was created by rayard23
All I would like to do is move the contact information to the right side of the avatar. I have attached a picture that shows what I am trying to accomplish. I think it is in the default.php but I cannot seem to find where to adjust this. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #183996 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Edit Profile Layout
see tab layout position parameter in each tab in Tab Manager

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184010 by rayard23
Replied by rayard23 on topic Re: Edit Profile Layout
Sorry, I shouldve added I would like them to both be under the same tab due to the display type (Tabbed Pane) I am using, as seen in the picture. If I make them separate tabs, then it would look strange.

12 years 4 months ago #184047 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Edit Profile Layout
There are several ways to accomplish this...
As long as you have ALL fields in the same tab, you can just play with the field parameters and try to float and postion things woth CSS properties.

I guess, Nant was talking of 2 tabs... in regard of the default CB profile template. Which comes with default positions and some preferences in the CB configuration.

That means, you can put the image in Tab1... and the other fields in Tab2. Assign those tabs in different positions. Maybe left, middle, right... or below in the grid LC1 etc.
Attachments:

12 years 4 months ago #184048 by rayard23
Replied by rayard23 on topic Re: Edit Profile Layout
Yea this is easy is they are in separate tabs. I kind of like the look with 1 tab though as it looks like a Roladex contact. When I add a second tab and position them, of course I lose that look as it butts two tabs next to each other (and unevenly I might add). I'm assuming you are referring to playing with some CSS in the field parameter in the template/default/default.php file right?

12 years 4 months ago #184050 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Edit Profile Layout
If you are able to investigate and alter CSS... you have all visual possibilities. By the way, in CB configuration, there is also an important parameter for "table-less" profiles. This will have an impact on the code... so choose wisely ;-)

I would suggest to investigate the HTML and CSS with Firefox and Firebug.

You can also set both Tabs to another output style (DIV with Title, raw...) Than style the Title and the surrounding DIV till your hearts content. So, visually you will get a single"tab" area.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn