Resend Confirmations

12 years 4 months ago #186635 by flappleton
Resend Confirmations was created by flappleton
I would like to resend confirmations to specific members where I entered the member manually in the backend and got the email address wrong. I am concerned that the "resend confirmation" button will send to all members. How does this button work? Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186656 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Resend Confirmations

flappleton wrote: I would like to resend confirmations to specific members where I entered the member manually in the backend and got the email address wrong. I am concerned that the "resend confirmation" button will send to all members. How does this button work? Thanks in advance.

If you entered users manually, then no email confirmation is doable.
Nothing to resend - because nothing was sent to begin with.

12 years 4 months ago #186705 by flappleton
Replied by flappleton on topic Re: Resend Confirmations
But when I manually registered people, they received an email with their Username and Password. This is the message that I would like to resend after I fix the email address.

12 years 4 months ago #186734 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Resend Confirmations

flappleton wrote: But when I manually registered people, they received an email with their Username and Password. This is the message that I would like to resend after I fix the email address.

That is not the email confirmation email.

This is the welcome email sent by CB (and maybe even Joomla - see this post: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/183254-joomla-17-duplicate-email-suppression ).

You can only send the cleartext password once when first created. From then on it is hashed in the database and cannot be reversed.

If your users have forgotten their password they need to reset it using the CB login module.

You can use the CB User manager if you want to send users that have not logged in ever a reminder email that they can login and reset their password if they have forgotten it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn