Turn off confirmation emails

12 years 1 week ago #197711 by rudegoose
Turn off confirmation emails was created by rudegoose
I will be adding my entire list of users manually via CB. The problem so far is that it seems both Joomla core and CB are sending confirmation emails – Joomla as soon as I add the user and CB as soon as I confirm the user. I'm also using CB-Subs, but am not sure if that is part of the issue.

What I would like to do is turn off the automatic Joomla email altogether and ideally also the automatic CB one so I can "resend" the confirmations when I'm ready. Is this possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #197718 by rudegoose
Replied by rudegoose on topic Re: Turn off confirmation emails
That works great thanks. Is there any way not to send the CB email either? The reason is that I would like to add the members before going live so don't want them to receive emails until we're ready. I guess adding them via PHPMyAdmin might work, though it looks like a huge headache so I would rather avoid it if possible.

12 years 1 week ago #197722 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Turn off confirmation emails

rudegoose wrote: That works great thanks. Is there any way not to send the CB email either? The reason is that I would like to add the members before going live so don't want them to receive emails until we're ready. I guess adding them via PHPMyAdmin might work, though it looks like a huge headache so I would rather avoid it if possible.

Similar process - just blank out welcome email subject and body from CB Configuration area.

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #197810 by rudegoose
Replied by rudegoose on topic Re: Turn off confirmation emails
Thanks Nick, this stops the emails from being sent initially, but I've now realised "resend confirmations" does not resend the welcome email so there's really no way around it.

12 years 1 week ago #197833 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Turn off confirmation emails

rudegoose wrote: Thanks Nick, this stops the emails from being sent initially, but I've now realised "resend confirmations" does not resend the welcome email so there's really no way around it.

Right - Resend COnfirmation has nothing to do with welcome emails.

Maybe you can manually send new welcome messages using CB User Manager Mass Mail?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn