[SOLVED] Coolness Template - Error when uploading

13 years 1 month ago #156189 by santino6
Replied by santino6 on topic Re: Coolness Template - Error when uploading
"Actually the Coolness Joomla 1.5 guide should be very close" hmmm hello !! that is my point... close is not enough.. accurate should be the standard.

nant does it take a lot of your time to create an accurate guide?

There are lots of people who spend a little time making video guides on youtube for other companies software and they don’t get any money for it. Why don't you do the same?

I think your software is great and your programmers have a lot talent, but i think your company is failing big time in an area which is just as important as coding.

You should have videos on how to install your software on joomla most versions, especially 1.6. All new potential clients will probably be noobs in joomla and defiantly noobs with your software. Isn't it important that it is easy for them?

The easiest way would be through videos... you wouldn't have to invest any money for video storage as you have youtube and other free options.

I don't like giving people a hard time, but it bothers me when I see companies failing to do the most simple things to make them prosper and make lots of money.

I'm making a review site which will give an honest review of all the social networking scripts available. CB would be on top of all the others I have tested. But then I would have to take off many points for the simple fact that you didn't make it simple to install. Which is a great shame, especially when I think how quick it would be for you to make a video tutorial or guide. A real shame.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156197 by nant
Thank you for your feedback.

We are working on improving all of this.

I guess our main primary concern was to get things Joomla 1.6 ready as soon as possible - even though Joomla 1.6 will have a very short lifecycle (which most newbies ignore/miss/don't-pay=attention-to).

Once again thank you for your feedback and your support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

13 years 1 month ago #156217 by jojo12
For me it's better to get quickly a good extension, which I have to learn with trial and error, than to wait until there's a good (better?) help and an extension who will maybe never be published.

13 years 1 month ago #156242 by santino6
lol jojo12 ... Ok lol

jojo12 nant's job is "PR" not programming.. so if nant was to do his job properly then you could have both without having to wait for a good plugin.

programmer makes the good plugin.
PR (Nant) makes the guides or tutorial and deals with replying to people on this forum saying "the guide is a good place to start"

So you can have both if nant did his job. Does that make sense?

Nant as you said "I guess our main primary concern was to get things Joomla 1.6 ready as soon as possible - even though Joomla 1.6 will have a very short lifecycle (which most newbies ignore/miss/don't-pay=attention-to).

Well I'm a noobie and I would like to know why joomla 1.6 will have a short lifecycle?

also if you know how short the lifecycle is for 1.6, then you know when 1.7 is coming out... so when is 1.7 coming out?

Nant how long would it take You not the programmer, you to make a video tutorial for CB installation for 1.6?

Anyway I can’t contribute to this community with programming plugins, but I can contribute helping noobs like myself install this software on joomla 1.5 and 1.6. So I will in the future create video tutorials for "noobs" because noobs are potential paying customers which would help to inject some money in the development of this software.

13 years 1 month ago #156253 by nant
@santino6: thank you for your comments. I wish my job was only PR, forum handling, translation group management, testing, documentation, consulting services, etc.

Link for you to read about Joomla plans:
community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1395-the-path-forward-migration-and-the-future.html

Link to see why one of the more popular extensions has not ported to Joomla 1.6 yet:
blog.joomlaworks.gr/why-were-not-porting-k2-to-joomla-16-the-life

I hope these help you understand more about what is happening.

We are working on video tutorials.
We are working on CB 2.0.
We are working on maintaining future Joomla compatibility.
We are working on new features.
We are working on supporting our users.

13 years 1 month ago #156260 by santino6
Thank you Nant for this reply. The links and the information.

Well I look forward to CB 2.0

I really like what you guys do and will help to do the following.

The things I have planned for my CB contribution :)

1: Video tutorials for noobs like me :)
2: Marketing CB
3: Free templates for CB (SEO friendly and very slick)

Thats about it for now, templates will take much time as I still have to learn joomla and CB framework.

Have a good day

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn