CB as discussion board or bulliten board

11 years 11 months ago #202113 by arosscpa
I am relatively new to Joomla and all the extension that go with it. Among the experts who have looked at my site in the last few day, there is general consensus that I have loaded way too many extensions on a "in case it proves helpful" basis. Now I have to get rid of stuff, but a happy thought occurred to me that I thought I would follow up on first.

We plan to use CB as a social networking extension in phase 2 of our implementation. We have already implemented a CB component for login and registration because we could do more of what we needed than we could with the Joomla module. The essential piece we need in Phase 1 is a discussion board, for which we have chosen Kunena. I have spent the week finding that Kunena does not work with the rest of our stuff, at least not as I currently have it configured.

My question. before I undo a lot of work, is this: Is anyone using CB components for discussion or bulletin board type applications? If so can you point me in the right direction as far as documentation or modules?

On the other hand, if the answer "heck no, you cannot do that!" I would appreciate that point of clarification also.

Thank you,

Allen Ross

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #202119 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: arosscpa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn