Is CB for me???

11 years 10 months ago #204888 by Steve_In_China
Is CB for me??? was created by Steve_In_China
I'm a westerner in China and the intention is to build a community with a group of Life Science Personnel(Members of the Medical, Pharmaceutical, Hospitals, University, etc. professions) from the west and China.

There are many things we would like that are contained here but a good portion if it is blocked in China. For example: FaceBook and YouTube are both blocked as is Twitter.

China has however replaced many of these services with their own such as Sina Weibo for twitter, youku, 56.com and ku6 for YouTube, etc.

We need levels of security to pass information not intended for Public's use; team collaberation areas, secure download areas for white-papers and the like. The video's will be 'technique' and 'test result areas'.

There will also be 'Job' areas for personnel exchange.

We currently have a site that is a 'dogs breakfast' (Created before I got joined) that was intended for the American Market alone. It's also a money pit that has consumed all our cash.

Later on, I am going to have to attempt to dump the data on that site and load it onto whichever solution we select.

I guess the long and short of this question is: Can we get this to work with Chinese utilities instead of the blocked Western ones?

Steve

PS. I know what I am doing with Joomla but I have never worked with community builder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #204890 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Is CB for me???
Joomla and CB can do alot and there are many addons you can use.

You will really have to test things out for yourself.

11 years 10 months ago #204893 by Steve_In_China
Replied by Steve_In_China on topic Re: Is CB for me???
Iappreciate your quick reply nant.

I guess I should have asked in the Chinese forum to see if they had a solution.

I'm afraid they'd beat me to death for speaking English there though. ;-)

We want to pay the full whack to you guys Pro Subscription but are a bit nervous if bits get blocked.

Anyway cheers for the answer.

11 years 10 months ago #204896 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Is CB for me???

Steve_In_China wrote: Iappreciate your quick reply nant.

I guess I should have asked in the Chinese forum to see if they had a solution.

I'm afraid they'd beat me to death for speaking English there though. ;-)

We want to pay the full whack to you guys Pro Subscription but are a bit nervous if bits get blocked.

Anyway cheers for the answer.

well, you will not be able to use any of the social networking add-ons (facebook, twitter, etc) for sure - all the rest should be ok.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn