Creating a Joomla site with CB as the core

17 years 9 months ago #17159 by Ash
Hi guys

I require some urgent assistance. I have been trying for some time now to create a business listing site(directory with Joomla). All the developers I hired were from freelance sites and I don't think that they had much knowledge about Joomla and its components. How I would like this site to work is for businesses to pay for their listing on the site, and this will also allow them access into a community(username and password protected) where they will have access to an e-market place, forums, profile editor, create their own product page, etc. There will also be free access to all visitors for articles, classified(need to register for this so I can ensure no abuse), polls, events, downloads, etc.

My problem is that I know what I want but I am not sure if Joomla and CB can give it to me. All the developers I tried using thus far are not what I see as Joomla experts as they could never advise me as to what component would be best to use or just what can or cannot be done!

Guys, I have been running around for months to get a good developer at a good price(preferably from a low cost dev country), but have not succeeded. I was very hopeful that someone here could assist me or at least suggest a good affordable developer/joomla expert for me.You guys seem like you know everything there is to know:)

Please let me know urgently. I will be getting another very similar request from another client(medical listing though), and I have no idea where to turn to.

I have attached a file for your perusal.

Thanks a mil
Ash

Attachment 786NETWORK_Functional_Specifications2306.doc not found

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2006/07/16 20:28
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #41204 by nkakwani
Replied by nkakwani on topic Re:Creating a Joomla site with CB as the core
You have to use jcontentsubscription for managing subscription. Then you can allow to make profile for business. You can make business field requried then you can use cb list as business directory & user can advertise through their profile. Thanks!!!

16 years 9 months ago #41205 by nkakwani
Replied by nkakwani on topic Re:Creating a Joomla site with CB as the core
You have to use jcontentsubscription for managing subscription. Then you can allow to make profile for business. You can make business field requried then you can use cb list as business directory & user can advertise through their profile. Thanks!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn