You are not logged in!

18 years 3 months ago #4117 by zebraz
You are not logged in! was created by zebraz
My site ( www.sixdose.com ) uses a private messaging package for registered users. So natuarally CB flashes the error message "You are not logged in" when an un-logged person tries to access it. But the problem is the error msg remains on the screen even after you have logged in, though the screen is reloaded.

Is this a bug or a problem at my end?
Can anyone advise me please?

Post edited by: zebraz, at: 2006/01/18 03:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #5006 by zebraz
Replied by zebraz on topic Re:You are not logged in!
this is mentioned elsewhere too.
the problem disappeared when i downloded joomla 1.0.7

18 years 3 months ago #5007 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:You are not logged in!
This is your problem - since the Private Messaging menu item is in fact only applicable to registered users you should mark it as such instead of public - no need to show people something they cant use. Same thing with your member profile link. In fact in most sites there is a Main Menu with all public items and a User Menu which appears only after successfull login.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/01/29 09:24

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/01/29 09:29

18 years 3 months ago #5008 by zebraz
You are absolutely right. :) and i am aware of it.

The site is meant to be the online continuation of a weekly newspaper column I am handling. The site is not announced yet, I am stil testing. The only people who use it now are my friends who are registered users. I just posted about something that I have noticed in the meantime.

I only wanted to point out that there is such an error message here, and it doesn't disappear when remedial action is taken.

And my posting was wrong in saying that joomla 1.0.7 solved the problem, it didn't (I was just confused, I had some other problem in my mind). You still need to key in something as your Login Redirection URL to avoid the error message, as it was in the 1.0.5 version that I was using.

Thank you for taking the trouble of visiting my site.

18 years 3 months ago #5030 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:You are not logged in!
The problem as Nant tried to tell you is that you are making visable items to the public that are for registered users only. Make that menu item only visable to registered users and you will not get this error. Once they login they will then see taht menu item and when they click on it then they will access that area with no error.

Post edited by: rick, at: 2006/01/29 20:56

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #5063 by zebraz
Rick, to repeat, I am fully aware of what Nant meant to say.
And I have found a solution to handle the error message even under conditions where it is ceratin to pop up. So, the problem is over and history now.

Thanks to all of you :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn