Error

Please login first

Availability Tab

17 years 11 months ago #14757 by j2o
Availability Tab was created by j2o
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if someone could tell me if this is possible, i need a tab that can display a users 'availability' this is specified on the registration page so that they can update it in their 'edit profile page' - the availability will be specified on a date range, e.g. 05/JUN/06 to 31/JUN/06.

problem is, is that my friend wants to be able to sort users by availability (in the search) so that he can see which users are available at a certain date. (or range of dates) (so i cant just make 2 new date fields because it wont be able to filter between the days, only the specific dates)

this is tricky!!

i need a tab that can display this information and other bits from the profile page. is this possible ?

One way i was thinking could work, is that i could make it so that its less specific so that a user could update their profile with their availability in months/days etc.. so they could set it to 'available for a month from today' or.. 'available for 1 week from today' - but thats not really what he wants.. :(

if anyone has any idea how i would do this, please tell me ! im pullin' me hair out !

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #14771 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Availability Tab
Your best bet would be to use an even calendar component.
This is what they are for.

17 years 11 months ago #14775 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Availability Tab
Make a read only field for availability, write a SQL query tht updates it and execute that in cron.

Or write a plugin that executes that swl after user profile has been updated.

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #14777 by mikko
Make a read only field for availability, write a SQL query tht updates it and execute that in cron.

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #14778 by mikko

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #14801 by j2o
Replied by j2o on topic Re:Availability Tab
well, the problem with using a calendar component would be that we couldnt filter the users who are available. e.g. i would like to see everyone thats available from 06jun06.

mikko, problem is, is that its a date range.. would this still work ? it would need to be intelligent enough to know that any days inbetween the dates specified are 'available' so that we could filter that field.

thanks for your help guys!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn