New Advanced Search Component will be released

17 years 10 months ago #15278 by Alex1
I install it and it seems to work but when i try to search it goes on index.php and tell me i have no permission to see that page ... why?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15668 by chac416
my users didn't like it :blush:
they miss the old advanced search which comes with CBE ...

17 years 10 months ago #15681 by silexian
chac416 : the interface looks like an interface for computer scientists ;)

yeah, that's a bit right, too difficult for "them".

That's why i did not use all the AND, OR, NOT ....
I just have the most simple interface i can !

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

17 years 9 months ago #16416 by tigi
I've installed the new file including patch on joomla 1.0.10/CB 1 stable. I made a link to a page including the first page of profiles, the advanced search link and the dropdown for different sorting lists.
I thought it all worked fine, was very happy, saw examples with correct searchresults but somewhere down the line there was some messing around with itemids in the link to advanced search (lot of 9's) and now whatever I search nothing is found.

First I wonder whether I missed the mambot. I didn't install it as far as I know. Than I should probably download and install it. And I read something about itemid 999999 somewhere (probably the emptorum forum) but can't find that anymore. The emptorum site is offline since last night so I can't check the forum and download the mambot.

It's great work, something I waited for a long time and can't program myself, so I really want to use it. Somebody has any ideas how to solve this?

grts, Tigi

Marie-Anne
www.emma-design.nl

17 years 9 months ago #16420 by rg66
Hi tigi,

my site www.emptorum.com is up and running again. please download the latest version which is 2.0.3 and try again.

The 9999999 is a dummy id number, so if nothing is searched for you the query is looking for the id 9999999 which does not exist, so nothing is shown in the list.

Robert

17 years 9 months ago #16443 by tigi
Hello Robert,

I've installed version 2.03 Search Advanced (Joomla 1.0.10 and CB 1 Stable). What's happening is this:
- when I use Advanced search from a menu link (component Advanced Searh) it gives the correct search results.
(www.zoekjuistecoach.nl/component/option,com_cb_search/Itemid,45/)
- when I start the advanced search link from the search-results, it shows the same form and it gives back no records. There's no difference in first showing al the profiles or starting advanced search without that.
(www.zoekjuistecoach.nl/component/option,com_cb_search/task,simple/Itemid,45/)

I only want to use the simple search from where you can enter keywords, so that's what I've configured. URL's are just for your information, don't know why it doesn't start the same URL in both situations.

grts, Tigi

[edit 2006/6/7: I sort of solved the problem. When I don't use SEF it all works fine and also my problem of disappearing images is solved]

Post edited by: tigi, at: 2006/07/06 16:26

Post edited by: tigi, at: 2006/07/06 16:27

Marie-Anne
www.emma-design.nl

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn