New Advanced Search Component will be released

17 years 11 months ago #12644 by bzn
whenever i add multiple choice drop down menus to the search fields i get this error:

i used CB Search v2.01 and CB v1.0 (stable)

here is another one

i'm not sure why it occurs.. but it would be great if someone had information how to fix this issue

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #12645 by rg66
I will test try to simulate your form on my test site, meaning I will have the same field types in the search form. Will get back to you.

Robert

17 years 11 months ago #12728 by hedingsi
Same errors here :pinch:

checkbox works
everything else got an error :(

Great Work! this is what i searched for!

17 years 11 months ago #13220 by duto
there is only one reason why this error occurs...

when you check every field in your searchform... then there is no error, when you leave one field blank then the sql statement doesn´t ignore this blank field...

the solution is if the script ignores the blank/notfilled fields... then there is no error

;)

hope there will be a soon update on this great component

17 years 11 months ago #13294 by bzn
the error occurs if you set a size for dropdown menus in the fields section of CB. if you leave it blank or set it to 0 there is no problem with the search anymore. but this is of course a style problem. for example: all multiselect dropdown values are shown, which makes your search page very complex.
if you use a "size" in the backend for a dropdown other than "0" and you don't click a value in that field on the searchpage you get the errors.

so currently it is only possible to get a search result if you click a value in your dropdownmenus (if they have another size than 0) on your searchpage or if you set the size to zero (which might not look pretty good then)

i found another bug: if you have a field size of 1 on a multiselect dropdown, there is no arrow to click on to expand the value list, because a multiselect wants a size of either 0 or at least 2, but i don't think that it is important to fix this now, because everybody will use more than size 2 for a multiselect.

Post edited by: bzn, at: 2006/05/19 17:52

EDIT 2:

This problem does not occur for all dropdown menus with a size, only for some. I haven't figured out which ones. But you can fix the error by setting the size of the field to zero or one.

ps: i wrote a pm to the author, hoping he fixes this problem

Post edited by: bzn, at: 2006/05/19 18:27

17 years 11 months ago #13350 by animas
Can anyone fix the issue or atleast bring the issue to author's attention?

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.581 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn