Joomla 1.5 release? Is CB compatible with it?

18 years 1 month ago #9987 by ericfoster3
Does anyone know if CB will be compatible with the new Joomla 1.5 release?

I was considering upgrading to 1.5 immediatly upon it's release. I'm now re-thinking that idea. I'll wait to hear from other CB admins.

I understand that 1.5 is more than just bug-fix release. Supposedly, they have reworked the very core of joomla to accommodate international users.

I guess we'll see. Please post if you get any info on this.

Thanks!
Eric

Post edited by: ericfoster3, at: 2006/04/10 22:14

CB 3rd Party Developer: DatsoTab | KarmaTab
Joomla! 1.0.10
Community Builder 1.0
joomlaboard 1.1.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 week ago #11427 by centralpulse
Replied by centralpulse on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 release? Is CB compatible with it?
Personally I'm going to be waiting, let others take the plunge first and then see if upgrading is the best option from there.

Especially if you're talking a production site that you don't want to effectively have offline due to a CB bug!

LATEST CB WEBSITE BY CENTRAL PULSE ETOOLS: www.unilife.co.nz

18 years 1 week ago #11431 by nant
Actually release 1.0 stable (soon to be released) has been tested with the current build of 1.5 joomla. The core CB team is working closely with the Joomla team to insure that these released are 100% compatible.

18 years 1 week ago #11438 by ericfoster3
Replied by ericfoster3 on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 release? Is CB compatible with it?
Thanks for the update (and reassurance)!

CB 3rd Party Developer: DatsoTab | KarmaTab
Joomla! 1.0.10
Community Builder 1.0
joomlaboard 1.1.2

17 years 10 months ago #15657 by stephenrs
Replied by stephenrs on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 release? Is CB compatible with it?
Hmmm...I don't think Cb is 100% compatible with J! 1.5. Trying to login using the CB login module, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/apache/vhosts/atndev3.simmonstech.net/htdocs/app/webroot/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php on line 23

Looks like CB is not compatible with Joomla's new ACL API. This one is a show stopper. No login means no CB in 1.5.

Also, Creating a new user from the CB User Manager generates this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/apache/vhosts/atndev3.simmonstech.net/htdocs/app/webroot/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 320

I guess the workaround would be to create users using Joomla's core, and then synchronize.

And, the CB configuration page generates this error:

Warning: main(/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_include.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/vhosts/atndev3.simmonstech.net/htdocs/app/webroot/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 12

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_include.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache/vhosts/atndev3.simmonstech.net/htdocs/app/webroot/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 12

I guess I'm getting a little ahead of things because J! 1.5 hasn't been released yet, but I thought folks might be interested in these bits.

I'd also be interested if there were any comments about the actual, tested compatibility of CB with Joomla 1.5.

17 years 10 months ago #15739 by beat
Interoperability tests have been conducted between the teams, and Joomla team committed to keep interoperability with CB 1.0 stable. :)

Incompatibility bugs between Joomla 1.5 and CB belong now to Joomla! 1.5 :D ... and as such should be logged on joomla, in joomla 1.5 bug tracker on the forge.

You need to be aware that in SVN, Joomla 1.5 has not always 1.0 backwards compatibility switched to on (and that's needed) so they can make sure they updated all their code to new 1.5 API.

Please post URL of your bug-tracker entry here, so i can follow-up if needed.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn