Joomla 1.5 release? Is CB compatible with it?

17 years 10 months ago #15745 by silexian
[you shoud consider ...] ...and also the beta is not released yet ! Probably in 1 or 2 months.

Joomla 1.5 *might* not be used on a live site until some betas ...

To anyone who is beginning a website, i can say : use joomla 1.0.9, it is strong enough, performant, and stable. Migrating to 1.5 may be interesting in -say- 4 to 6 months, and there'll be -probably- a tool to help webmasters doing the transition.

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15759 by stephenrs
Replied by stephenrs on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 release? Is CB compatible with it?
Here's a problem that I encountered (and fixed) trying to install CB on J! 1.5 that might be of interest to anyone who's doing early testing: forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,70477.0.html

It's Joomla a bug that was preventing CB from installing.

You need to be aware that in SVN, Joomla 1.5 has not always 1.0 backwards compatibility switched to on (and that's needed) so they can make sure they updated all their code to new 1.5 API.

Maybe the Joomla forum would be a better place to ask, but can you tell me where to switch this backward compatibility on? I don't see it in the global config for 1.5.

Also, I hacked a fix to the problem I reported on this thread with trying to login with CB:

Around line 23 of comprofiler.php:

I replaced this:

[code:1]
$access = new stdClass();
$access->canEdit = $acl->acl_check( 'action', 'edit', 'users', $my->usertype, 'content', 'all' );
$access->canEditOwn = $acl->acl_check( 'action', 'edit', 'users', $my->usertype, 'content', 'own' );
[/code:1]

With this:

[code:1]
$access = new stdClass();
$user = & $mainframe->getUser();
$access->canEdit = $user->authorize('action', 'edit', 'content', 'all');
$access->canEditOwn = $user->authorize('action', 'edit', 'content', 'own');
[/code:1]

I'm not sure if this would be taken care of with backward compat mode, or if it's a Joomla bug, but it helped me to get a little further in my testing.

17 years 10 months ago #15833 by beat
Looks like a joomla bug. Please report on Joomla bug tracker and/or Joomla Q&T 1.5 forum. Then please post link to that reporting here.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 10 months ago #16302 by stephenrs
Replied by stephenrs on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 release? Is CB compatible with it?

Looks like a joomla bug. Please report on Joomla bug tracker and/or Joomla Q&T 1.5 forum. Then please post link to that reporting here.

I'm not really convinced that it's a Joomla bug, because I fixed it by using the new Joomla ACL syntax in comprofiler.php - but, if you explain to me about the "backwards compatibility switch" that you mentioned, I could test further. I'd prefer not to clutter the Joomla board with things unless I'm sure they are Joomla bugs (and I'm sure they prefer this too).

Or maybe this is a compatibility issue that the CB and Joomla teams should address directly.

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn