User delete or disable

18 years 5 months ago #1802 by mortenhm
User delete or disable was created by mortenhm
Hi!

I would like a plugin that add an option to the profile menu that allow users to delete and/or disable themselves.

It is important that the plugin trigger all the plugin callbacks on update and delete.

Maybe this is more a request for a api enabling calls into CB. Methods could be: deleteUser, disableUser, approveUser, rejectUser, addField, removeField,...

I quess the code is there but it would be nice with handles that does not redirect the browser or has other side-effects but triggers the plugin callbacks.

For an example see function removeUsers( $cid, $option ) in admin.comprofiler.php on line 1152.

--
Morten Holdflod Møller
CB3PD subscribemailman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #1908 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:User delete or disable
Deleting a user and its traces is a tuff task, which should be handled by each component integrated with CB.

The Plugin API has such an event which should be used by all integration bridges.

Obviously there are things like published posts of a user in a forums which should stay. Not all should be deleted.

Front-end user deletes can be implemented only once all or at least most of the components are integrated using that function...

Joomla itself is not handling this function either.

The API has no user-delete function in it right now. It could be a feature request for the tracker.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 5 months ago #1911 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:User delete or disable
Can't you make a wrapper that just calls removeUsers in admin.comprofiler.php and call that?

-mikko

18 years 5 months ago #1917 by mortenhm
Replied by mortenhm on topic Re:User delete or disable
mikko wrote:

Can't you make a wrapper that just calls removeUsers in admin.comprofiler.php and call that?

See
[url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,8/id,1915/#1915
] this thread [/url]

--
Morten Holdflod Møller
CB3PD subscribemailman

18 years 5 months ago #1920 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:User delete or disable
The CB core team has already thought about the user removal function from front-end, although this is not a joomla-feature yet...

It's not a straightforward process as you want to insure:

a) that the user-delete really comes from the user himself
b) that the user is aware of all the irreversible effects of his deletion
c) that all gets deleted what should get deleted, but no more.

a) and b) is a workflow implementation
c) is a started in the plugin API with RC2.

These are the reasons it's not implemented in core RC2.

Once c) is well-covered and tested with back-end deletes, and if possible joomla core supports it, we will move forward with a) and b).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 5 months ago #26312 by LordMerlin
Replied by LordMerlin on topic Re:User delete or disable
IS this feature being worked on? I don't see it in the current CB, or am I just not looking hard enough ?

* cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
* Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
* Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting

SoftDux- The Leaders in Software

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn