User delete or disable

17 years 5 months ago #26315 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User delete or disable
LordMerlin wrote:

IS this feature being worked on? I don't see it in the current CB, or am I just not looking hard enough ?

Actually , the API currently supports triggers that help this.
For example, when you delete a user from the CB Backend a trigger is fired and correctly coded plugins will cleanup all user related data.

For example, the CB Gallery plugin cleans up its tables and uploaded files for a deleted user.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 weeks ago #36818 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:User delete or disable
So is there a link I can offer a each user to delete themselves or not? I heard Mikko sying on another thread it would be quite straightforward without needing alot of knowledge to code a plugin that does that...

A PLugin that sends an email to users that have not logged in the last x months providing a link in the email to delete or keep their profile what we would need.

There is a Membercare Extensions that has some of the functionality ... could that be moded further:
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,2085/Itemid,35/

17 years 2 weeks ago #36832 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:User delete or disable
Removing users cleanly (removing all thing created by all plugins for the user) is not easy. Just removing user while leaving some garbage in the database is easy.

mikko

17 years 2 weeks ago #36858 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:User delete or disable
if i go with the garbage solution can i clean up the database afterwards every now and then?

and how would those solution be? are there going to be any solutions offered as so many peopple have already asked for sth like that...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn