Country Flag - module - Request

14 years 10 months ago #101154 by spaecman
Replied by spaecman on topic Re:Country Flag - module - Request
It doesn't seem to work with the last community builder.
I manage to pass the errors that everyone reported here (by removing content)
then followed all instructions to install,
but i ended up on a error on line 168 of the installer
and now i can't access my site anymore,
i think my attempts just fucked up the server :-o

Would be FANTASTIC to have working flags in Community Builder, it's a great feature , especially if it can be linked to forums like PHP BB3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104464 by unknonw
Replied by unknonw on topic Re:Country Flag - module - Request
I can tell you for sure that the plugin which Bruce released works definitively with CB 1.2.1 [Make sure you have the Legacy activated].

14 years 9 months ago #104465 by unknonw
It worked and it still works for me B)

14 years 9 months ago #104490 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Re:Country Flag - module - Request
I have seen some weird MySQL errors during the installation of the plugin, but have never been able to explain them other than they must be a nuance of some older versions of MySQL. Most people do not encounter the problem and I have never reproduced it except to omit the step to create a single-select drop list field for each of the flag types. The install queries will definitely fail if you don't do that first. I could have made the install query create the field, but it might conflict with existing site field names.

FYI, I do plan to release a new version that is a 1.5 native plugin that takes advantage of the CB 1.2 image field type. This version will allow you to have the flag field associated with an image field, which the plugin will automatically populate with the right flag image. This will allow you to include country flags in user lists and have more flexibility on how/where the flag is displayed in the user profile. This version should be out by the end of summer.

14 years 9 months ago #104500 by unknonw
I have a web server which has only the 4th version of MySQL and at first when I tried to install the plugin doesn't worked because of this queries:
[code:1]SET @statefieldid=(SELECT fieldid FROM `#__comprofiler_fields` WHERE `name`='cb_state');
and
SET @countryfieldid=(SELECT fieldid FROM `#__comprofiler_fields` WHERE `name`='cb_country');[/code:1]
which are supported only by the 5th versions of MySQL.
So, for everyone who has this problem [which I had and the web hosting company doesn't want to upgrade the version of MySQL try to do it manually; through phpMyAdmin]:)

Post edited by: unknonw, at: 2009/07/11 01:51

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn