Country Flag - module - Request

17 years 3 months ago #28235 by gfroca
Replied by gfroca on topic Re:Country Flag - module - Request
Upload showPlugins - Failed
SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SELECT fieldid FROM `jos_comprofiler_fields` WHERE `name`='cb_state')' at line 1 SQL=SET @statefieldid=(SELECT fieldid FROM `jos_comprofiler_fields` WHERE `name`='cb_state');
SQL =

SET @statefieldid=(SELECT fieldid FROM `jos_comprofiler_fields` WHERE `name`='cb_state');

[joomla 1.0.12]

why? what can i do?

Post edited by: gfroca, at: 2007/01/04 05:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #28239 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Re:Country Flag - module - Request
This error has been reported by a number of people trying to install the CB Profile Flags plug-in. The SQL syntax is correct, but yet the error occurs.

I might point out that the cb_state field must be created in the Community Builder Field Manager before installing this plug-in. That's stated in the installation instructions. However, I don't think that's the problem here.

I have been suggesting to people who have emailed me about this problem to paste the SQL queries (minus the XML tags) in the plug-in XML file into the phpMyAdmin SQL command window and then comment them out in the plug-in XML file. Nobody has replied to me yet to let me know if this works. If it does, there could be some sort of problem in the CB plug-in installer. I have not looked at that code to see if it can handle this syntax, but I have installed this plug-in on my test systems on both Windows and Linux servers without any problems.

Anybody from the CB team want to suggest something?

Cheers,
Bruce

Post edited by: bascherz, at: 2007/01/04 06:14

17 years 3 months ago #28969 by javelin200
Replied by javelin200 on topic Re:Country Flag - module - Request
I have the same problem. Has there been any fixes to this yet?

17 years 3 months ago #28978 by bascherz
I did get one email from someone who had the same problem and did not create the necessary CB fields prior to installation. Please be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully. The database queries in it rely on those fields to be defined and to MATCH what the queries use for the installation to work. I have investigated this matter and as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong in the installation code. Nonetheless, there will be a new version (1.0.4) released soon that will address other issues. You may want to try again after it is released (should be within the next few days).

16 years 7 months ago #45943 by Spider666
Replied by Spider666 on topic Re:Country Flag - module - Request
Everything run good but it just not display the name of the country at left of the flag :-( Any idee why this ?

Thanks in advance

16 years 7 months ago #45946 by bascherz
If the flag is displayed, I can't think of a reason the country name would not be displayed also except perhaps due to some sort of issue with your CSS file or maybe if you set the width of the label column to 0% in the plugin admin interface.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn