Let User Creat User Groups (School-Classes)

17 years 7 months ago #20713 by dracbart
Replied by dracbart on topic Re:Let User Creat User Groups (School-Classes)
I'm also very interested in this kind of plugin, i'm now 'trying' to use groupjive for this sort of thing, but it has more than a lot of bugs and aspecially a link with Joomlaboard for restricted 'group' acces would be great.

- You need a Blade to slice the road - www.fastbike.nl -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #20728 by mischa
Quote from Dracbart:

i'm now 'trying' to use groupjive for this sort of thing, but it has more than a lot of bugs and aspecially a link with Joomlaboard for restricted 'group' acces would be great

Hi there,

Just to give some more info about GroupJive...

I'm rightnow fixing up the code of the 1.1 version. I will implement some new features too. After that "stage" I will launch that as -I think now- a vork of GroupJive.

I have tried to contact the ppl who were involved in this project by PM but got no reply at all. I guess the project has died.
In this thread I have given some more info and called around for any help.... Also in this thread you can find more info about this....:P

Just fyi...;) :)

Greetz,

Mischa

Post edited by: mischa, at: 2006/09/11 16:54

Projectmember of the BirthDays Module Project

17 years 7 months ago #20733 by dracbart
This is great! Keep us informed.. i'm not a programmer, but if you need layout work like logo's and buttons etc.. let me know!

Groupjive has a great basis to build from i think.. the "group idea" is a great community feature.

What features are you working on? :lol:

17 years 7 months ago #21040 by jbrowdy
I also would really like this functionality. Can't believe it's not available already.

17 years 7 months ago #21089 by dracbart
Mischa,

Have you also thought about the following:

Will groupjive have it's own forum, or can it be made compatible with joomlaboard for group access?

Users will have only access to the forum categories they are (group) member of.

Guests will not be able to see "groupjive" categories in the forum until they subscribe as member to a group.

Maybe the forum categories can be listed instead of the bulletin part of groupjive.

The bulletin is a nice idea, but i would like to react to posts placed on the bulletinboard. Right now that is impossible.

I think this feature would greatly improve an interactive "groupbased" community.

17 years 7 months ago #21196 by romus
Instead of all those plug ins, what about making groups and access through JACL. That's what I am working ona s astrategy. The JALC groups and access alos work in Joomla Board as i understand it. In the bridge Joomla - SMF they are planning to integrate JACL so the same groups would show in SMF forum. I think in SMF you can limit viewing by group (someone here will know that)

So then it is a matter of assigning content etc to groups and controlling what people can see.

Tell me if theis is a good strategy or should i try another approach?

If it is a good strategy, i was then thinking i need two things in CB

1. When someone registers, that they can select any number of groups from a choice (radio buttons) on a CB registration form - they would be fields, as set in CB. So then, If I preset groups to match the CB field names, can there be code that acheives: "If field x selected, then join new user to group x" Maybe the way would be to have some code that I can paste into the appropriate CB registation file, or there would be another way.

2. Secondly, a registered user can choose to remove themselves from groups and join others.
"If field x selected, then remove registered user from group x" "If field x selected, then join user to group x". That can be the Personl info in the CB tab, that is acarried over from registration. Maybe the way would be to have some code that I can paste into the appropriate CB registation file, or there would be another way.

"Fresh" orginal post wants to also let users make new groups and adds the need to bridge (have plug ins) for other utilities. I think my idea would mean plug ins for the other utilities with JACL.

What do you think?

I am not into MySQL or Php, but am trying to figure out a strategy.

Post edited by: romus, at: 2006/09/20 00:59

Post edited by: romus, at: 2006/09/20 01:15

Local System: JSAS 1.08, Joomla 1.0.1, CB 1.0.1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn