New Install Issues

11 years 7 months ago #211076 by theugpa
New Install Issues was created by theugpa
Hello all,

I have read many articles about some database issues when trying to reinstall uddeIM but I am a completely new install and seem to have the same issues.

I HAVE READ THE README File that came with the uddeIM bundle and still am lost.

Configuration is writeable: /administrator/components/com_uddeim/config.class.php

Important: You have not updated your database! Please refer to the README how to update uddeIM correctly!

I know how to access phpMyAdmin to access the site's database. I also know where to access the SQL box. What I don't know is how to type it in. What I mean by that is do I have to type each line one at a time or do I copy and paste the entire code listed below

Not really a spoiler, just trying to condense what is displayed.
Warning: Spoiler!

I am a newbie at code so if someone could simply guide me or give me a better explanation of what I need to do to fix this issue.

I am on a Windows Based Server - With GoDaddy
I have 2.5.7 Joomla
I am trying to setup correctly uddelIM 2.8 and sync it with Community Builder.

One more thing, if you go to my website www.theugpa.com/newsite/ and create an account. You when you try to compose a message, the user sees a bunch of error codes.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211123 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: New Install Issues
There are two kinds of database issues:

1. People who have updated from an earlier version of uddeIM and have not updated the database as described in the README.

2. People who have installed the wrong package (uddeIM for Joomla 1.0/1.5 on 2.5 for example). In that case no tables are created at all.

Both problems have been explained several times in this forum and you will also find a detailed description in the FAQ which consists currently approx. 120 pages.

In the FAQ you will also find step by step instructions with phpMySql.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThomasEnt

11 years 7 months ago #211256 by theugpa
Replied by theugpa on topic Re: New Install Issues
I know for a fact that I have not installed uddeIM on the database as it was just recently created and I have tried to install both 2.5 Joomla version packages without success. Maybe the install went through but didn't fully install on either install attempts but now I am lost as to what to do.

I will check out the FAQ to attempt to add/update files as every-time I try to enter the script listed in my first post always seems to not have any of the fields that are needed to be updated and the script is rejected as a whole or by sections.

11 years 7 months ago #211260 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: New Install Issues
I have no solution for that.

It is not uddeIM, e.g. after a second try it worked for this user:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component/211221-uddeim-php-errors

Maybe it is a temporary problem with your hoster. For example some years ago there were problems with scrips that died before the installation was complete because the hoster has not configured enough CPU time. Maybe it is something similiar.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn