uddeIM - attachments?

16 years 1 week ago #61373 by giuse3
Replied by giuse3 on topic Re:uddeIM - attachments?
Hi Slabbi, any news on attachments feature in UddeIm? I am waiting for that to adopt you (for the rest very complete) PMS component ;)
cheers and congratulation for you hard work

Giuse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64137 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:uddeIM - attachments?
I'm going to have to stop using uddeim because of this lack of attachment ability.

I mean, if you use community builder, and uddeim since it seems to integrate so easily, you have no way of sending other users pictures, files, or anything of that nature which is a huge setback. You might be able to use html or BB code to send a picture, but what happens if you want to send someone a file? There is absolutely no way to do so if you use this program, which is a major setback.

I honestly don't know why it hasn't been included yet. When I used to run post nuke, I could send people files through the PHPBB system. When I made the switch to joomla, I made the mistake of using Uddeim thinking that it had this feature in it, and found out the hard way that it didn't. I have to send my users files through email which is annoying and takes extra work.

I love UDDEIM for the most part, but unfortunately, in my opinion, a message system without attachment ability is like a car without an engine....It's named IM after instant message, I notice that all the instant message systems I've used have the ability to attach/send files as well....

15 years 11 months ago #64139 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM - attachments?
You can send an URL which points to a file.

As you have mentioned right, it is called IM -> Instant Messaging, so it is focused on messages not distributing files.

Nevertheless it is on my todo list but do not expect to have it implemented very soon.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn