uddeIM install problems

16 years 2 months ago #57090 by chiwiz
uddeIM install problems was created by chiwiz
I just installed the latest version of uddeIm. I used the joomla component installer and everything seemed ok it went to the config file and all seemed sweet. I then installed the modules and checked the front end to find the whole site has gone down... shows nothing at all.

I then tried to uninstall the component to see if there might be a conflict but when i tried to access the install/component it made the back end go down in the same way.

I could use the back button and regain the administrator functions but the front end is not working at all

what can i do? can i just delete the component from cpanel, just remove the admin/component and the component directory? will that give the site back?

I cannot understand what could have happened but it seems it must be the installation that has caused the problem.

can anyone please help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #57092 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM install problems
Do not think so because the component does not effect the backend in any way.

There is an issue with the frontend when the user does not create a menu link, then the Itemid can not be resolved and the modules cannot create the correct links to the component, so the user gets a blank screen when he tries to call the component. But in the backend, even when there is an error during the installation, there won't be any problems in any way.

It seems that your installation was faulty before and the effect you describe is mere chance.

What is the link to you site? Can you switch your site in debug mode? Maybe this helps to find the problem.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 2 months ago #57096 by chiwiz
Replied by chiwiz on topic Re:uddeIM install problems
thank you for answering so soon. The site owner is getting very annoyed.

the site is permaculture.com.au/web

Everything has been working fine and all I did was install the component, but now I cant even open the install/component without everything going blank.

16 years 2 months ago #57099 by chiwiz
I have switched to debug but it doesnt show anything that I can understand.

Can you message me here so I can give you login details please?

The only thing I did before the site went down was to install the uddeIM component. Immediately the front end went blank and I can't find any way to get it back.

Now, the install/component link sends the back end blank in the same way. All other installs are working fine but i cannot get to uninstall the component to make sure it wasnt causing the problem. Is it ok for me to maunually uninstall uddeIM from cpanel?

16 years 2 months ago #57121 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM install problems
send a login via pm

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 2 months ago #57144 by chiwiz
please excuse my ignorance but I cannot figure how to send you a pm.

I have set up an account for you on the site but cannot find where to send the info to you.

I would really appreciate your help. The site has been down ever since I tried to install uddeIM and I have tried everything I can think of but cannot solve the problem

I even tried to delete uddeIM to see if that was the conflict but it wouldnt let me delete.

thank you for your help

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn