Blank Page when trying to view uddeIM Messages

16 years 1 week ago #61588 by MaYHeM24
Hello! First I want to thank everyone involved at Joomlapolis.com for their great components for joomla. I love community builder!

I recently started having issues with "My PMS" free component as anytime someone would try to view messages or write one the links would just refresh the current page.

I decided to move to uddeIM as it has more features and is still being developed. I installed the component with no errors and it imported the PMS stuff without problems. The issue is anytime I try to click on the envelope for a new message from either the welcome module or from within my profile (CB Plugin) I get a blank screen. I've tried uninstalling/dropping the tables and re-installing with the same outcome. I've also tried the default template with same results. I have the component working on other site but cannot figure out what is causing the issue on this particular site. Any help would be great!

Joomla v1.0.15
Community Builder v1.1
uddeIM v1.1 (Tried 1.0 first)
Fireboard v1.04
SEF Enabled (IIS) & Gzip (Tried with both disabled too)

If anyone wants to see it in action I have creaed a Test User / Password with 1 PMS welcome message sent to that account. Just PM me here and I'll give you the login info.

Thanks for any help from fellow uddeIM users.

MaYHeM

Post edited by: MaYHeM24, at: 2008/04/25 21:50

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #61589 by MaYHeM24
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that in my profile the tab plugin for uddeIM shows up as _UE_TABINBOX like there's a language file problem. :S

16 years 1 week ago #61591 by slabbi
The label is a CB issue.

You can email/PMS me the login.

Have you updated the mod_uddeim? uddeIM 1.0 module had a known problem which is fixed in 1.1 module.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/04/25 22:01

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 week ago #61592 by slabbi
Sorry, saw that you are talking about a welcome/login module. This is not uddeIM releated. Maybe uddeIM is called in a wrong way from these modules.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 week ago #61594 by MaYHeM24
The problem also happends from the uddeIM CB Tab too when clicking on a message. I'm starting to think something is messed up in CB but I'm not sure what to look for. This site was migrated from Mambo to Joomla a while back and i've had a couple other issues with CB since then too.

16 years 1 week ago #61596 by slabbi
There are two problems:

First: You have to create a menu link to uddeIM component otherwise most modules are not able to get a correct Itemid for uddeIM.

Second:
[code:1]www.rubbercityracing.com/index.php/component/option,com_uddeim/task,inbox/[/code:1]
There is something wrong with your Joomla setup. There shouldn't be a "index.php" in the URL. Have you changed your .htaccess according to the needs of your SEF component?

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn