OUT of memory wheN i have 400M allocated,????

15 years 10 months ago #66349 by F0l2saken
First of all, this should not be happening, i've tried this UDDIM with 200M, 400M php max memory, unlimited memory, UDDIM still crashes with the error when I try to check my inbox, I've had to completely shut my website off.

My Uddiem worked perfectly fine today with normal settings, suddenly i try to check my inbox and I get this error,

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 11010048) (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/tthlabel/public_html/version20/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 456

There should be no reason why an IM program needs 1 gig of memory, but that's how much I've allocated to the php script and I still get the same error.

I'd also like to note, that out of every module/component installed on my system, UDDEIM is the only component throwing this error code. I'm not unable to check my messages, and unable to use my website

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66350 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:OUT of memory wheN i have 400M allocated,????
I have a VPS with 1 gig of max memory, I have now used this option:

memory_limit -1 -1

And uddeim still crashes with the error message when I try checking my inbox. -1 = no limit, which means Uddeim can use the max availible

I can also go look at my servers healty, and it only has 30% of the memory used at the most at any given time, which means 600megs isn't enough for UDDEIM to allow me to check my messageS?

Any ideas? I HAve searched for hours through these posts, and everyones answer is "increase your pHp memory limit" however I do not believe this is the answer to my problem, there should be no reason the program needs over a gig of memory

15 years 10 months ago #66351 by F0l2saken
I'm now playing around with some settings in the backend of uddeim, same thing happens, I'm not able to do anything with it, I tried purging messages, same thing:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 11010048) (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/tthlabel/public_html/version20/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 456

15 years 10 months ago #66352 by F0l2saken
I'VE FIGURED IT OUT :)

But this sucks, I can't purge or prune the messages.

If you go to the UDDEIM backend, there's an option that says this:

"deletions invoked"

You have three settings, user, admin, or manual. I had it set to admin so that it purges messages everytime I check my mailbox.

I changed this setting to manual, and poof, I can check my messages once again just like I could before. This memory error message only happens when UDDEIM tries to prune messages, so now I have it set to manual until the problem is fixed...This means my mailbox database is going to get ridiculously big isn't it?

15 years 10 months ago #66355 by slabbi
When checking the inbox (frontend, automatic purging) or pressing the purge now button (backend, manual purging), both times uddeIM calls the same function "uddeIMdoPrune($config)" in admin.shared.php.

When your provider is unable to execute three or four UPDATE statements switch to another provider.

Have you installed other components/modules witch may interfere with SQL requests (maybe an SQL logger or some statistics module)?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 10 months ago #66357 by slabbi
F0l2saken wrote:

btw:

Your php max. memory setting is currently 10 mbyte and not 100, 200 or 400 mbyte. It seems that your changes do not have any affect.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn