OUT of memory wheN i have 400M allocated,????

15 years 10 months ago #66413 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:OUT of memory wheN i have 400M allocated,????
It's 200 megs currently:

memory_limit 200M 200M

You can look over the php settings by going to www.tthlabel.com/test.php

thats the phpinfo() script that just shows you what the php info is.

I haven't installed or changed anything in probably 2 - 3 weeks, this just suddenly started happening out of the blue. I'm on a VPS, not a regular shared host. VPS is still shared, but I have dedicated resources. I only get 150 - 200 unique visitors a day and have a little over 2000 registered. Most of which were converted from a old post nuke site and aren't even active. There are probably 500 - 600 active users. I did check server health when this error goes on, and at the highest it reports that I have 40% memory used and 60% free.

I tried doing it again just to test, the manual prune in the admin panel, same result, out of memory. I currently have this much memory available:

Memory Used 40.8 %
Swap Used 0.21 %
Server Load 0.07 (8 cpus)

Through my WHM pannel my entire server is in the green, showing no memory running out. My php info file says 200m max limit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66829 by F0l2saken
I guess there is no resolution? It's really going to be terrible if I have to uninstall a message system that 2k+ people use and go to a different one, everyone will loose their messages....

15 years 10 months ago #66830 by F0l2saken
I had to fix the problem myself, and found that the problem is indeed a faulty message prune system.

In the message control panel the prune system claims that it removes ALL messages according to the settings, which in my setup are 7 days or older. The prune system does not do that what so ever, it just removes normal messages. If someone sends system messages like I do, the prune system fails to remove them which results in you getting a 100+ meg entry for messages in the SQL file. Why doesn't the prune system remove all messages as it claims? There should be an option or a checkbox to remove old system messages that weren't read.

I don't see how more people with thousands of users don't have these problems with this program as well, they must not send system or general messages.

Sending just 5 system messages in the course of 3 months is what caused this program to fail....

Manually editing my mysql file, highlighting system messages and removing them all made the system start working correctly again. I'd suggest that someone makes the prune system delete all messages, and not just regular messages.

15 years 10 months ago #66846 by slabbi
The prune system does only remove messages which are older then N days AND have been read by the users (and have not been moved into the archive of course).

Sending of 2k messages should not be a problem at all. So 2000 x 1kb = 2mb. I do not now why your database allocates 100mb+ for that.

I am pretty sure your problem is somewhere else.

If you like I can check it. Please send me a superadmin login to the site and a login for phpmyadmin.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn