Add user from frontend

17 years 7 months ago #22193 by zen
Add user from frontend was created by zen
Is it all possible to do some hacking so admin users can add new CB users from the frontend without using "No account? create one" link in the front-end login?

My client want to add CB users himself (and no visitors can sign up on their own) and I don't want to grant him any backend access,

Any input would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #22219 by zen
Replied by zen on topic Re:Add user from frontend
With the current CB environment, I understand that once you are logged in in the frontend, you cannot 'register another user' from its user mode.

Can anyone think of a way to make CB registration task not visible to public without making the access level 'Registered' and give access to only frontend admin user?

17 years 7 months ago #22226 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Add user from frontend
zen wrote:

With the current CB environment, I understand that once you are logged in in the frontend, you cannot 'register another user' from its user mode.

this is true with Joomla also (and probably true for most CMS systems)

Can anyone think of a way to make CB registration task not visible to public without making the access level 'Registered' and give access to only frontend admin user?

have no idea

17 years 5 months ago #25987 by imagenow
Replied by imagenow on topic Re:Add user from frontend
I have the same problem.
I try to create a URL in the user menu set on register, I give the URL of the registration page look like this:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=register

That's all ok, but when the register user confirm the attivation from the link into the mail, in Community Buileder the user is not Confirmed and Approved, only Enabled.
I see that if you copy on the frontend the url of the button "Register" on the bottom of the CB Login form, and paste it into a menu (module of the menu must set on Public) look like a URL, the register work.
I think that the problem it's only that the link of the register don't work in the "Registration mode".
Hope that anyone can help us.
Thank you all :)

16 years 3 months ago #55675 by zen
Replied by zen on topic Re:Add user from frontend
I came up with the same scenario where I need to accomplish this in CB 1.1

Now that 1.1 enables frontend user profile editing, is there any possibility on the horizon this might be considered to be implemented in a future CB release?

16 years 2 months ago #56440 by yecine06
Replied by yecine06 on topic Re:Add user from frontend
same probleme for me!

anyone has findout something?

Post edited by: yecine06, at: 2008/02/10 16:04

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn