Error

Please login first

IE doesn't display Profile Comments

17 years 10 months ago #16723 by palovits
IE doesn't display Profile Comments was created by palovits
Hi,

I have joomla 1.0.8 with CB 1.0 stable and cb.profilebook 1.0 installed on my server, everything works fine with Firefox browser but when you try to see or post new profile comments using Internet Explorer, it doesn't show anything at all under the "Comments" tab... just the name and date of the person that sent you the comment.

I personally don't have problems with this, because I use firefox, but the 85% of my users use IE, I think this is a major bug, can you help me with this?

Regards

Louis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #16776 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:IE doesn't display Profile Comments
palovits wrote:

Hi,

I have joomla 1.0.8 with CB 1.0 stable and cb.profilebook 1.0 installed on my server, everything works fine with Firefox browser but when you try to see or post new profile comments using Internet Explorer, it doesn't show anything at all under the "Comments" tab... just the name and date of the person that sent you the comment.

I personally don't have problems with this, because I use firefox, but the 85% of my users use IE, I think this is a major bug, can you help me with this?

Regards

Louis

Similar topic has been posted on these forums before.
Once again please try one of the default joomla templates and see if the problem persists. It is most likely a problem with your template.

17 years 9 months ago #17618 by junkers
Replied by junkers on topic Re:IE doesn't display Profile Comments
OK, here's my fix:

In your templatecss.css file you probably have a setting like this:

.sectiontableentry1 {
height:20px;
etc)

just comment the height stuff out like this:
/*height:20px; */

Seems Firefox ignores this, while IE fixes the height at the number set, and cause all the problems.

Should fix your problems, unless of course, heh heh, you need the height settings somewhere else :evil:

16 years 10 months ago #39822 by emakki
Replied by emakki on topic Re:IE doesn't display Profile Comments
Thanks anyway but Did not work. Any other suggestions?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn