Quick Message and JIM

17 years 2 months ago #32816 by safa
Quick Message and JIM was created by safa
Hi there,

I had been facing the bug that was fixed with:
forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf7012?nav=1

Namely, Quick Messaging through Jim (in MyPMS) was not working. And the fix solves the problem beautifully. However, people who were set to be email notified if a new private message arrives... are not when a message arrives through QuickMessage. They are notified if the message is sent through the usual Jim interface.

Since this is so very useful, I wanted to see if the great minds at Joomapolis could share an insight on how to fix it. It's very useful for the email notification to be sent when Quick Messaged.

Thank you for your help, Safa

PS: I think I misposted this in the 3PD plugins area since it's part of CB core.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #32855 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Quick Message and JIM
safa wrote:

Hi there,

I had been facing the bug that was fixed with:
forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf7012?nav=1

Namely, Quick Messaging through Jim (in MyPMS) was not working. And the fix solves the problem beautifully. However, people who were set to be email notified if a new private message arrives... are not when a message arrives through QuickMessage. They are notified if the message is sent through the usual Jim interface.

Since this is so very useful, I wanted to see if the great minds at Joomapolis could share an insight on how to fix it. It's very useful for the email notification to be sent when Quick Messaged.

Thank you for your help, Safa

PS: I think I misposted this in the 3PD plugins area since it's part of CB core.

The JIM developer has also written a CB plugin for this.
See if that plugin also has problems.
It could be a JIM issue...

17 years 2 months ago #32860 by safa
Replied by safa on topic Re:Quick Message and JIM
the jim cb plugin, from my experience (which is not vast), only shows us as a menu item... i haven't found a way to make it appear as a quick message link without MyPMS..... thus the usefulness of MyPMS.... am I imagining things?

16 years 11 months ago #38083 by ddrinkal
Replied by ddrinkal on topic Re:Quick Message and JIM
Did anyone work this one out? I have applied the changes to get the quick message working but JIM won't send email notifications via these quick messages. They work fine from the component.

16 years 10 months ago #40243 by bwbd
Replied by bwbd on topic Re:Quick Message and JIM
Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

16 years 10 months ago #40537 by kellyrued
Replied by kellyrued on topic Re:Quick Message and JIM
The link to this fix has been dead the past couple of days... anyone have this info somewhere else?

I can't get JIM to work on CB profiles with either the JIM plugin or the PMS MyPMS Pro that comes with CB. Both are published and configured correctly on the backend but the profiles show nothing new at all on the frontend (on Joomla 1.0.12 with CB 1.0.2).

If I can't get JIM to work what is the popular alternative? I looked up uddeim but am concerned that the project may be dead/not maintained anymore. Any advice on getting JIM working is much appreciated but if the problem is JIM I am more committed to CB than JIM for my site.

Thanks,
Kelly

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn