Error smf_cb.php line 236 manually adding user

16 years 8 months ago #43947 by markdavidanthony
Error smf_cb.php line 236 manually adding user was created by markdavidanthony
When I attempt to manually add a new user, I get the following error (but the user does get added):

Fatal error: Unknown(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition jsmffrontend of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /home/gwriters/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_smfcbplugin/smf_cb.php on line 236

I'm also running Account Expiration Control Component - Version 0.12.3.50b (AEC).

Thanks,

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43953 by nant
please post these question on the forum sites of the developers.

16 years 8 months ago #43955 by markdavidanthony
Replied by markdavidanthony on topic Re:Error smf_cb.php line 236 manually adding user
I'm sorry, what does that mean exactly? The problem is from a file in the cb installation, so doesn't that mean you are the developers? Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what you are asking me to do, or saying I did wrong by posting here.

16 years 8 months ago #43959 by nant
markdavidanthony wrote:

I'm sorry, what does that mean exactly? The problem is from a file in the cb installation, so doesn't that mean you are the developers? Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what you are asking me to do, or saying I did wrong by posting here.

the problem appears to be in:

/plug_smfcbplugin/smf_cb.php on line 236

this is some kind of cb smf plugin.

It was not developed by the CB Team - where did you download it from?

it looks like this specific piece of code is failing not CB.

so going directly to the source might help you to get the right answers.

of course, some community member might jump in and help ...

Also the account expiration component has its own developers.

16 years 8 months ago #43961 by markdavidanthony
Replied by markdavidanthony on topic Re:Error smf_cb.php line 236 manually adding user
In other words, that file isn't a cb file. That's all you really had to say. I just didn't know from the error that it wasn't a cb file, and I couldn't tell from your original post whether you were saying "it's not a cb file," or "you posted in the wrong part of our forum."

I assumed from the fact that the cb save caused it, and cb was in the name, it was a cb file.

I am aware that each plugin has its own developers. I obviously just didn't do enough footwork determining which plugin the file belonged to.

Thx

16 years 8 months ago #43980 by nant
markdavidanthony wrote:

In other words, that file isn't a cb file. That's all you really had to say. I just didn't know from the error that it wasn't a cb file, and I couldn't tell from your original post whether you were saying "it's not a cb file," or "you posted in the wrong part of our forum."

I assumed from the fact that the cb save caused it, and cb was in the name, it was a cb file.

I am aware that each plugin has its own developers. I obviously just didn't do enough footwork determining which plugin the file belonged to.

Thx

Correct.

This plugin was developed by someone but (as most CB plugins) triggers off CB events (in your case probably the new user event). CB handles its part just fine (since the new user is actually created in CB as you say) but most likely the plugin is failing for some reason.

From the name of the file, the plugin must be related to a bridge to the SMF forum.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn