Unregister Component

17 years 11 months ago #14385 by bzn
Unregister Component was created by bzn
I would like to modify this component www.joomlaos.de/Downloads/Joomla_und_Mambo_Komponenten/Unregister.html to work with CB. It is a Unregister Component, so that people can delete theirselfes from the database. Actually it works with CB already, but it leaves a lot of junk data in your database and on your ftp (user avatar picture and files from the profile gallery).

I did some research already and figured out that some simple additions to the unregister.php of that component can fix the problem with junk leftovers in the database. The needed additions affect:

#__comprofiler (the user itself, "user_id")
#__comprofiler_members (the connections of the user, "referenceid")
#__comprofiler_members (the connections to the user, "memberid")
#__comprofiler_plug_profilegallery (the profilegallery entries, "userid")
#__comprofiler_userreports (user complaints, "reporteduser")
#__comprofiler_userreports (complaints about user, "reportedbyuser")
#__comprofiler_views (viewer_id)

My problem is, that I do not know how to handle the deletion of the user files on the ftp. Any suggestions are welcome!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15091 by vish
Replied by vish on topic Re:Unregister Component
I would be interested in this functionality too...

17 years 10 months ago #15097 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Unregister Component
in fact it's a little more difficult.

You have the tables from Comprofiler, ok, but maybe, you have more tables from plugins, like from guestbook (beat) or gallery (nant) plugins.

There may be 2 solutions :

- try to use a filter : every table that contains in its name "%comprofiler%", and you would use the "id" key (provided this is the good name of the column.

- try to provide a list of every table that contains "%comprofiler%" or "%cb" in its name, and the administrator select (once) each table he thinks it's related to comprofiler. He offers a list of them, with the supposed "id" column, and the admin choose the good tables (in a list) and the good key id column (in a list of column that contains "%id%" in its name and is typed "integer").

And i don't speak about the files from the gallery plugin from Nant ... :(
Probably a system command like "unlink $PATH_TO_GALLERY/$filenameOfPicture "...

Voilà !

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

17 years 10 months ago #15111 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Unregister Component
There could be legal issues associated with not deleting all of a user's information at their request, particularly images. This should become a priority, in my opinion.

Roger

17 years 10 months ago #15943 by miya
Replied by miya on topic Re:Unregister Component
An very good idea is right now fly in my brain...
I dont have time to programm it, but...

YOu know, if you do programm an script which:
1. search for all linke images
2. look for not linked images
3. delete those images

(search for images should be limited in folers X & Y - to prevent that it delete your sources - pictures which are not belongs to community , either not to joomla frontend.. the best way is to limit the script for only those folers which are use by Community Builder an Joomla users)

The script should have 2 funktions:
1. be able make an cronjobs (configurable)
2. Per button "start" should make eachtime this action.

This all from backend.

The other way is put this script additional to unregister script.

Hey guys, i have even more ideas an logical ways, but... I really do not have enough time to make such script.. *

Hope the iea would help you..

One other extende way is to write an adon which would search for all entry mae by user an delete them, perharps user selected it, but i dont think it would find pictures use by user in articles... since they are only the links without any variables which would lead to specific user. Other and i think best way is to modify the Joomla an CB so that by creation of newuse, each user will get own folder which would be erased when the user wanna unregister. This is logically best way. And in this folder can put inside pictures as well any other files related to this user.

Post edited by: miya, at: 2006/06/24 14:05

17 years 10 months ago #16352 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Unregister Component
The API plugin has a delete user trigger.
A good plugin should trigger off this event to clean up anything needed. The CB Gallery will do this in the next releases and I know that the profile guestbook also has the needed hooks in place.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn