Memberships by Subscription

17 years 9 months ago #17502 by schelly
Memberships by Subscription was created by schelly
Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere. I looked through the subject headings all 5 pages of the feature requests and didn't see anything that suggested this.

I recently worked for a client who needed something that would enable him to accept paypal payments for membership subscriptions. Basic membership was free, but enhanced content subscription and downloads were by fee-based membership only.

Because of the solution he chose, I couldn't put CB on his site. So I have been uninformed as to how great CB is until now, working on another site for another client.

This is my 2nd experience with Joomla! and my first with CB and yes, I am so impressed that I left a testimonial in my profile. But I can't believe as advanced as this component is, there isn't some integrated or plug-in way to charge for membership upgrades to a site.

Has this been requested? Is it in the works? Any and all replies welcomed, even if you yell at me and tell me I should have searched harder for the answer. I really love this component and don't want to have to uninstall it so my new client can charge for upgraded memberships in the future.

Thanks,
Schelly

:side:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17503 by nant

17 years 9 months ago #17532 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Memberships by Subscription
Thanks Nick! Figures the answer would be right under my nose! I appreciate you pointing it out for me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Schelly
:cheer:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

17 years 8 months ago #18542 by hlbog
Replied by hlbog on topic Re:Memberships by Subscription
hi schelly,

AEC (Account Expiration Component) is a subscription manager for Joomla. It is in final phase (testing) of integration with CB.
Check news at globalnerd.org .
The access for development version is paid, but the official releases are always available for free at forge.joomla.org/sf/projects/accountexp .
For CB integration, the official release is scheduled for the end of Aug 2006.

Thanks!

Helder Garcia
--
AEC Project Team

Post edited by: hlbog, at: 2006/08/10 16:21

17 years 7 months ago #21638 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Memberships by Subscription
Has anyone used this yet? Is it possible to log on but only require payments for some options.... for example I am using oscommerce+community builder+joomla and would like to add this for some of the joomla components.

gypsydogg

17 years 7 months ago #21672 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Memberships by Subscription
Hi Helder,

Thank you for pointing to your project. I downloaded the files from the forge and followed the instructions in hack.txt to the letter.

I began getting errors on the back-end of my site immediately.

I am running Joomla 1.0.10, CB 1.0.1, JACL Plus 1.0.10, JoomlaBoard 1.1.2 Stable and other components and modules as needed.

I wanted to browse through your forums (not post for help, just look for solutions) but am unable to do so unless I pay your membership fees. As I'm not convinced that this is a working solution, I can't justify the expense. I'm just not that flush at the moment, financially speaking.

So if your component does work, I have no idea. All I know is that it doesn't work for me.

All the best,
Schelly

:(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn