Memberships by Subscription

17 years 7 months ago #21673 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Memberships by Subscription
Yea, I see what you are trying to do and can't really blame you, however, 1st of all, I can't even tell how much it cost because it's not in US dollars, at least it doesn't appear on my computer, and second I don't know anybody who can testify the products quality. Being that this is the ONLY solution I have seen so far, maybe you should open it up and ask for donations or something. People who will use this are going to make money, and if they make money, I'm sure they will pay to help support it.

gypsydogg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #21674 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Memberships by Subscription
Hi Gypsy,

There's a really great Universal Currency Converter located HERE if you're interested. It comes out to about $50 US to get into their forums.

Look at what ScubaGuy says in this post . It only makes sense to do what he and king.lui are working on...

Think of it this way. All the fee-based membership components are tryint to intercept or interrupt either the login process or the registration process. This simply isn't required. Actually it's possibly the worst way to go about charging for memberships.

The JACL component works great and doesn't interfere with CB at all. If you can sell a subscription product and, after successful payment is confirmed, change only the JACL permissions level (group) -- you've accomplished your goal. The quality of the product or subscription payment routine is the only question, and one which I'm about to test.

Some people want to charge once, i.e. no subscription. Others want to charge a subscription that automatically rebills. I'm hoping that what king.lui and ScubaGuy are doing will fit the bill and that the payment solution is flexible enough to satisfy everybody.

If that doesn't work, I'm waiting for Beat. He's got his finger on the pulse of CB (obviously) so his seems like the next best idea.

:side:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn