To revisit this

17 years 7 months ago #22052 by undoIT
To revisit this was created by undoIT
I have a drop down select on the registration page where users can either select a personal or a professional account. I want to set it up so that if the user selects "professional account" they are automatically added to the Author group. I have little experience coding with PHP. Could some kind of "if" statement be added to the registration code so that when the user selects professional account, the table with their user information is automatically updated with author group? I'm trying to wrap my mind around this and not sure where to begin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #22066 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:To revisit this
undoIT wrote:

I have a drop down select on the registration page where users can either select a personal or a professional account. I want to set it up so that if the user selects "professional account" they are automatically added to the Author group. I have little experience coding with PHP. Could some kind of "if" statement be added to the registration code so that when the user selects professional account, the table with their user information is automatically updated with author group? I'm trying to wrap my mind around this and not sure where to begin.

double post :angry: with this www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,31/id,21473/#22054

As mikko mentioned in the other thread you can write a plugin or get someone to write it for you. I have published a hello world plugin (see www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/1774/37/) that could get you started if you are willing to invest otherwise you can get professional help (the plugin should be very straightforward).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn