Gallery tab Auto-approve option not working

17 years 8 months ago #19144 by danywu
Hi there,

I'm using CB Gallery 1.0 RC2 with CB 1.0.1. The Auto-approve option in the Profile Gallery tab is currently set to Yes but the images uploaded by users into their profiles are still not automatically approved.

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Dany.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19146 by danywu
Hmm...for some reason when I set it to Registered Stealth access it works just fine...

17 years 8 months ago #19234 by nant
I cannot replicate this.
It is working just fine on all my sites.

17 years 7 months ago #22293 by eahoefler
Replied by eahoefler on topic Re:Gallery tab Auto-approve option not working
I'm using CB 1.0.1; Joomla 1.0.11; CB Gallery 1.0 RC2

I have the same error. Everything is set to auto-approve, but I still have to go in and approve images before they will appear. Like danywu, I can't find anything on the site to account for the error.

Anyone else help out here ... ?

Thanks. I love the plugin, and so do my users!

17 years 7 months ago #22294 by danywu
I have no idea if the things I did actually fixed it, especially since Nick A. could not replicate the issue.

Anyway, the two things I did were:
1. In the ProfileGallery plugin config set Approval Tab Enabled parameter to "No".
2. Assuming you setup a gallery tab, in that Tab config I set access to Registered Stealth or something similar.

As I said, these may or may not have been the fix but things work just fine for me now.

Hope that helps...

17 years 7 months ago #22520 by nant
I am pretty sure I have tracked down the cause to this type of problem.

It will occur on all CB 1.0.1 sites that have unistalled CB Gallery 1.0 RC1 and installed CB Gallery 1.0 RC2. The problem is a bug in the plugin api installer that causes the installation to stop short of creating the needed info in the comprofiler_fields table. During installation you should even see an SQL error talking about a dunplicate column.

It has been fixed in CB 1.0.2 which is currently in testing.

Once CB 1.0.2 is release - you should upgrade to it. Then unistall and reinstall your CB 1.0 RC2 plugin - it should fix the problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn