Fatal Error: Call to undefined function

17 years 4 months ago #27353 by brianfischer74
Fatal Error: Call to undefined function was created by brianfischer74
I get the following error message whenever a user is deleted in the admin backend.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cleardirectory() in /home/inwardtr/public_html/sandpointhigh/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilegallery/cb.profilegallery.php on line 1574

It makes me think that something is wrong with the cb gallery plugin but I could be mistaken. Just a guess by the refernce to the plug.

This was not occuring until the site was upgraded to CB 1.02. The site is running Joomla 1.0.11.

If I hit reload in the browser a couple of times it eventually goes away and a message appears that the user cannot be found.

Doesn't appear to have any negative impact on the site but has me worried. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #27354 by nant

17 years 4 months ago #27772 by aztc
I HAVE searched this forum, and frankly it has not been addressed or I wouldn't be here with a corrupted DB due to this issue! :angry:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cleardirectory() in /home/medicalm/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilegallery/cb.profilegallery.php on line 1574

I looked and looked but am clearly too stupid to find the tool or directions to fix this. :( :unsure: Drat - offline....

17 years 4 months ago #27777 by brianfischer74
Replied by brianfischer74 on topic Re:Fatal Error: Call to undefined function
Thanks Nick for letting me know it was on the forums. It was a matter of searching for the wrong thing. I was searching for "call to undefined function". I eventually found one of your posts that told me to search for "clear directory". That led me to the solution.

In case other people are having this problem and were searching along the lines that I was. Here is the solution that I found on another post. Hopefully this helps aztc.

The following was posted by Nick:
I believe that you would need to change line 1574 of your cb.profilegallry.php file to:

if($this->ClearDirectory($path)){

(basically just add the $this-> )

worked like a charm!

Post edited by: brianfischer74, at: 2006/12/28 05:48

17 years 4 months ago #27780 by aztc
By golly I saw that post but it just didn't register for some reason - but anyway, yes I found that file and edited that line and by golly it worked. Thanks a million! Panic abates...:woohoo:

Tip if you are having this problem: The file is in components/com_profiler/plugin/user if I recall correctly.

16 years 11 months ago #37987 by Xaneth
Replied by Xaneth on topic Re:Fatal Error: Call to undefined function
It would be nice if developers fixed their small glitches that impede on the operation of the site as a part or whole. I see a lot of these small hacks I have to do, and not just on CB plugins either. If I moved my site, or built another from scratch, I have to remember all these hacks??? Good grief...

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more COWBELL!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn