strange storage situation

17 years 2 months ago #31941 by incir
strange storage situation was created by incir
changing user information from backend deletes all the storage information of that user.
what i mean is?
i changed user's password from backend by cb component.
after the change, that user's galery storage information was reset. user had some pictures, but in its user page it says "Current Items:0" ,"Current Storage:0" and the pictures are still there too. When I tried to delete some of his pictures then his info became "Current Items:-1" ,"Current Storage:-45215"

this happens whenever i saved that user's info from backend even if i don't change anything in his profile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #31948 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:strange storage situation
incir wrote:

changing user information from backend deletes all the storage information of that user.
what i mean is?
i changed user's password from backend by cb component.
after the change, that user's galery storage information was reset. user had some pictures, but in its user page it says "Current Items:0" ,"Current Storage:0" and the pictures are still there too. When I tried to delete some of his pictures then his info became "Current Items:-1" ,"Current Storage:-45215"

this happens whenever i saved that user's info from backend even if i don't change anything in his profile.

yup - you found a bug

opened an artifact forge.joomla.org/sf/tracker/do/viewArtifact/projects.cbnantsgallery/tracker.bugs/artf7665?_message=1172349510557

17 years 2 months ago #31998 by incir
Replied by incir on topic Re:strange storage situation
hi,
my users are not high tech so i allowed them to upload big size pictures. and i modify the picture sizes manually and put back in to their galeries. but the galery doesnt recalculate the their usage size.
is there any way for the galery to recalculate the usage size or is there any way to set a maximum image size without limiting the upload size (like cb profile avatar). so galery will produce one thumbnail and one image in between max sizes and get rid of the original image.
thanks

17 years 2 months ago #32000 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:strange storage situation
incir wrote:

hi,
my users are not high tech so i allowed them to upload big size pictures. and i modify the picture sizes manually and put back in to their galeries. but the galery doesnt recalculate the their usage size.
is there any way for the galery to recalculate the usage size or is there any way to set a maximum image size without limiting the upload size (like cb profile avatar). so galery will produce one thumbnail and one image in between max sizes and get rid of the original image.
thanks

image resizing is done the same way that the CB avatars are handled.

so uploading an image that has larger dimensions should already be handled.

17 years 2 months ago #32003 by incir
Replied by incir on topic Re:strange storage situation
oops.
thanks for the quick answer and letting me know the truth.
now i have one more reason to love your plugin.
thanks

17 years 2 months ago #32127 by f_nazim
Replied by f_nazim on topic Re:strange storage situation
Hi,

I loved your plugin... but there is an issues as the same mentioned in the topic's first post!

When a user delete's a photo uploaded by him in the gallery, the usage stats run into negative.

e.g

[Your current quota marks: -6/10 items -405/1024 Kbytes (-40% consumed - 140% free)]

Hope that you will fix this soon...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn