Memory problem when uploading picture

17 years 1 month ago #35000 by oliversw
Memory problem when uploading picture was created by oliversw
Hello,

I have git a memory problem, when uploading a jpg as logged in ser. Then I got this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1260 bytes) in /administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 360

Seem to be an memory-problem, when resising the photo. But: I have set the width and hight to 550 pix, where the jpe has only dimension of 500 pix to 500 pix. In my opinion, the the picture shuddend be resized.
Do you have an idea?

Thansk a lot in advance,

Oliver

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #35012 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Memory problem when uploading picture
oliversw wrote:

Hello,

I have git a memory problem, when uploading a jpg as logged in ser. Then I got this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1260 bytes) in /administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 360

Seem to be an memory-problem, when resising the photo. But: I have set the width and hight to 550 pix, where the jpe has only dimension of 500 pix to 500 pix. In my opinion, the the picture shuddend be resized.
Do you have an idea?

Thansk a lot in advance,

Oliver

you need to increase your php.ini memory - search the forums - its been addressed before. Even if the resizing doesnt need to take place (which is wrong because you need to resize for the thumbnail), the code needs to be executed to figure this out.

17 years 1 month ago #35016 by oliversw
Replied by oliversw on topic Re:Memory problem when uploading picture
Ah... Thanks a lot... Havent thought hat the script has to run. because of the thumbnail.

I am using a shared hosting service at 1&1 in Germany. SO it might difficult to change the php.ini. Or is it possible to change it in my directory. May be you know this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Oliver

17 years 1 month ago #35021 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Memory problem when uploading picture
oliversw wrote:

Ah... Thanks a lot... Havent thought hat the script has to run. because of the thumbnail.

I am using a shared hosting service at 1&1 in Germany. SO it might difficult to change the php.ini. Or is it possible to change it in my directory. May be you know this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Oliver

you need to ask you provider - usually they do it for you.

17 years 3 weeks ago #36469 by oliversw
Replied by oliversw on topic Re:Memory problem when uploading picture
I have got a solution I have changed the provider to schwarzkuenstler.info a joomla specialized provider..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn