Show Username in CB Gallery Module

17 years 1 month ago #35031 by milos
Show Username in CB Gallery Module was created by milos
Hi there,

I have a good idea for the CB Gallery Module. As additional option you can choose to show the username above or under the shown picture in module.

So i want to show the username to witch the shown picture belongs to so that you can klick on it to be redirected to his/her profile.

I have developed this part of code but I actually can´t integrate it into the exsisting module code.

[code:1]select jos_users.username from jos_users, jos_comprofiler where jos_users.id = jos_comprofiler.id;[/code:1]

Have somebody of you an idea how to integrate this feature in CB Gallery Module?

Looking forward for your answers! Greetings Milos :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #35046 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Show Username in CB Gallery Module
actually, i had considered this when coding the module but decided not to do an extra join because it would put an extra performance strain on the module and in the end run on the site using it.

17 years 1 month ago #35121 by milos
Replied by milos on topic Re:Show Username in CB Gallery Module
Hey Nick,

is it possible to extend this few codelines? I tried it two days with no result. My Community and some other German sites are already using this tool and I was asked to improve the code - but I can´t.

Does it take a lot of time to write down this few codelines for me? I would replace the code for "header" with the code for Username! Just a replacing thing, with no backend control.

Come on... :dry:

Greetings Milos

PS: This is what I want to replace:
[code:1]$pgitemdescription = $pgitem->pgitemdescription;[/code:1]

and the including "select" from the database

17 years 1 month ago #35123 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Show Username in CB Gallery Module
milos wrote:

Hey Nick,

is it possible to extend this few codelines? I tried it two days with no result. My Community and some other German sites are already using this tool and I was asked to improve the code - but I can´t.

Does it take a lot of time to write down this few codelines for me? I would replace the code for "header" with the code for Username! Just a replacing thing, with no backend control.

Come on... :dry:

Greetings Milos

PS: This is what I want to replace:
[code:1]$pgitemdescription = $pgitem->pgitemdescription;[/code:1]

and the including "select" from the database

would probably take me 1+ hours to properly code and test.

I have it on my todo list for the next version (I have started RC3 gallery coding in my spare time).

If you can't wait and have a budget you can PM me and we can discuss.

Sorry - wish I had more time to do it (fast) for the community ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn