phpBB Connector and index.php

17 years 9 months ago #17297 by drumrolfe
phpBB Connector and index.php was created by drumrolfe
Greetings!!!

I am using Joomla 1.0.10 and the newest phpBB2.
They both share the same database, and contain no users.

While I attempt to configure the plug-in for phpBB Connector, I receive this message when I click on the "Plugin Control Panel":
"Not Found
The requested URL /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/index.php was not found on this server."

This file is not found on my server, or in the source files.

Please Help!!!

Thanks!

(This was originally posted in a different forum, was directed here)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17298 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector and index.php
Not sure how you are getting that message... that link should point to "/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php"

instead of the index.php file...

Do you have directory indexes set or some other server setting which would try to go to the index.php file?

Verify the link from Line 40 in the phpbbconnector.php file to see if it still says to go to phpbbgui.php.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #17300 by drumrolfe
Replied by drumrolfe on topic Re:phpBB Connector and index.php
That is correct,

function controlpanelbutton() {
global $mosConfig_live_site;
$test= "<a href=\"javascript:submitbutton('savePlugin');\" OnClick=\"window.open('$mosConfig_live_site/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php','News','toolbar=no,width=600 height=400,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no');\">Plugin control panel</a>";
return $test

The problem is still recurring :(

I must have done something wrong, but I have checked the original Joomla installation, PhPBB2 installation, CB Install, and I even patched 1.02 PhpBBConnector. I have double checked all my CHMODS, and checked the error logs on a whim. I can not find any errors.....

Thanks for the fast reply

17 years 9 months ago #17301 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector and index.php
Try manually typing in the link name (with the Joomla root of your site in front of it)

www.yoursite.com/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php

See if that redirects to the index.php file...

You may need to check you server settings (outside of Joomla, CB, etc...) as that may be the culprit redirecting your URL... is the phpbbgui.php file there?

I know this is a dumb question but did you install it with the CB Plugin Management screens? (just making sure you did not ftp it up)...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #17303 by drumrolfe
I typed in the link you provided, as I dont think the connector is configured yet - it returned with [code:1]
Warning: main(/home/eliteofa/public_html/http://www.eliteofazeroth.net/forums//extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eliteofa/public_html/wow2/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 152

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/eliteofa/public_html/http://www.eliteofazeroth.net/forums//extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/eliteofa/public_html/wow2/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 152

Warning: main(/home/eliteofa/public_html/http://www.eliteofazeroth.net/forums//common.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eliteofa/public_html/wow2/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 153

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/eliteofa/public_html/http://www.eliteofazeroth.net/forums//common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/eliteofa/public_html/wow2/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 153
SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'eliteofa_joom1.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =

SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'[/code:1] I do not have any active redirects, and the phpbbgui.php file is there. I did install the plugin through the CB Plugin Management Screen.

Thank you again for the fast response.

SITE= www.eliteofazeroth.net/wow2
Forums= www.eliteofazeroth.net/forums

17 years 9 months ago #17305 by drumrolfe
Please ignore the code snippet provided in the last post....

I was tinkering with the forum installation pointer within the connector.

phpbbgui.php loads correctly

I went ahead and sychronized the users (1).

Does this mean that my installation is working correctly, and to access the control panel I should point my browser to phpbbgui.php?

The index.php not found error still occurs when selecting the control panel through the plugin......

Post edited by: drumrolfe, at: 2006/07/18 23:41

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn