control panel not working

17 years 3 months ago #28963 by chadcham
Replied by chadcham on topic Re:control panel not working
geefland - sorry, I forgot to subscribe to this thread and I was not aware you had replied. I am on SiteGround as well. Yes, phpBB works OK on its own.

I will PM you as well and give you any information you would like. Thanks again for your help!!!

Chad

Here is my info:

PHP built On: Linux serv01.siteground137.com 2.6.17.11 #1 SMP Tue Aug 29 02:13:31 CDT 2006 i686
Database Version: 4.1.21-standard-log
PHP Version: 5.0.5
Web Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ] 28 August 2006 20:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #28980 by onishi
Replied by onishi on topic Re:control panel not working
Hmmm.. maybe something to do with SiteGround then?

Anyone else using SiteGround but manage to get it to work?

17 years 3 months ago #28992 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:control panel not working
Interesting... of the 3 people that gave back server info all 3 had php 5.0.5... and atleast 2 of the 3 were on site ground...

Can any of you get access to the server error log to see if more info is available there?

Starting to wonder if it is a php 5.0.5 problem?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 3 months ago #28994 by chadcham
Replied by chadcham on topic Re:control panel not working
I made some changes last night, and I made some progress. I finally decided to test changing RG_EMULATION to '1' in the globals.php file, and once I did that, I no longer got the 500 internal server error. Then I ran into a weirder problem. I got the errors below:

(I removed the site reference, replaced by '
')
[code:1]
Warning: main(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/okreiaforums/extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/
/public_html/portal/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 116

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/
forums/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/
/public_html/portal/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 116

Warning: main(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/okreiaforums/common.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/
/public_html/portal/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 117

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/
forums/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/
/public_html/portal/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 117
SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table '
_joom1.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =

SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
[/code:1]

When I saw that it was trying to select from the users table without success, I tried creating a copy of the phpbb_users table without the phpbb_ prefix in my database. Once I did that, I was able to open up the phpBB Connector Plugin Control Panel and I actually got the panel information, but I still got all of the other errors other than the SQL error (see the screen shot below). I checked the config.php file for the forums and it does correct have the prefix set to phpbb_, so I am not sure why it is using the prefix when it is running that query.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Chad

Post edited by: chadcham, at: 2007/01/14 20:58
Attachments:

17 years 3 months ago #29002 by mbayhylle
Replied by mbayhylle on topic Re:control panel not working
All

I too am on Siteground and I have not had any success with the connector. I am now positive after reading these posts that it must have something to do with their configuration of php5.

I've used the connector on 3 seperate instances (1 Mac OS X client, 1 Mac OS X server, and one Linux - Ubunto LAMP Server) and never had any problems getting the connector to work.

The site that I'm trying to get it to work on is not that important although I have another one hosted with them and I'd really like for it to be available.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Mark

17 years 3 months ago #29007 by mbayhylle
Replied by mbayhylle on topic Re:control panel not working
After some more fooling around with the config and no success, I enabled REG_EMULATION to on and when I click the control panel it takes me back to the administrator login for the site.

Weird.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn