Control Panel Problem

17 years 4 months ago #28595 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Control Panel Problem
Do post back and let us know—I've had nothing but good luck with this plugin!

Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #28942 by twinstripe
Replied by twinstripe on topic Re:Control Panel Problem
I'm also having the same problem. Clicking on the ACP link gives a pop-up with:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xxxxxx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

(I've blanked the website address as it's still work in progress)

My System Info:

PHP built On: Linux serv01.siteground151.com 2.6.19 #3 SMP Tue Dec 5 03:43:43 CST 2006 i686
Database Version: 4.1.21-standard-log
PHP Version: 5.0.5
Web Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ] 28 August 2006 20:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)

My RG_EMULATION is turned off (0) but I have cbconnector v1.0.3 installed, so it shouldn't matter, should it?

Help!

P.S. Just out of interest, I'm using Open SEF - that's not messing it up, is it?

Post edited by: twinstripe, at: 2007/01/13 18:59

17 years 4 months ago #28991 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Control Panel Problem
On the Open SEF... I don't know...

Anyone out there using this plugin with Open SEF that can chime in?

Not sure what to say about the internal server errors... here is 1 link I found... www.modwest.com/help/kb5-291.html others mentioned that more information is available in the server error log... can you see anything in the server error log?? (not sure I know how to get that log file... may need to ask your host)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 3 months ago #29229 by twinstripe
I've just had a quick look around the forums and after a bit of experimenting I believe it may be to do with the standard permissions set by the host I'm using, Siteground.

Siteground don't allow writable directories/files to be available publicly (which is good for security reasons) but this seems to stop some scripts from 'seeing' certain files.

The maximum allowable permissions are 755 - anything else brings up the Internal server 500 error.

The daft thing is, I've managed to stop the 500 errors, but now accessing the control panel just brings me back to the plugin manager with a 'Successfully Saved Plugin: phpBB Connector' message without actually accessing or doing anything!

Any ideas?

17 years 3 months ago #29234 by twinstripe
Okay, after some tinkering with the permissions, I've finally managed to get it to do something else.... but it's still not good! Now I get:

Warning: main(/home/aan75/public_html/b26b1804d57627f490c1be9472832ca6/configuration.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aan75/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 39

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/aan75/public_html/b26b1804d57627f490c1be9472832ca6/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aan75/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 39

Everything else can find configuration.php - why not phpbbconnector?

17 years 3 months ago #29245 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Control Panel Problem
twinstripe

Is that directory correct? I assume that the 'b26b1804d57627f490c1be9472832ca6' part is not correct...

If so what does the $_SERVER variabls return... is it correct...

If those are wrong and you want to base your forum directory off of your Joomla root try the ZIP file in this thread...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,27178/catid,34/limit,6/limitstart,18/

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn