Please complete the username and password fields.

18 years 3 weeks ago #9338 by Gullars

In the beginning I used
- Joomla 1.0.7
- CB 1.0 RC2
- SMF 1.1 RC2
- component Joomla-SMF-CB 1.1 RC1
- cb-plugin 1.0
(the two last ones used to integrate SMF with Joomla/CB)

This worked fine (except from some SMF issues, which was the reason for my upgrade).

I upgraded to Joomla 1.0.8, and it still worked.

But when upgraded to Joomla-SMF_cb_plugin_1_0_2.zip and Joomla-SMF_1.1RC2_including_patches1-3.zip my Joomla login screwed up, and I got the error "Please complete the username and password fields" when trying to login.

I have tried the final version of the bridge, and I have tried uninstalling both the component and the plugin. Nothing seems to be working. I cannot log into Joomla.

Can anybody please help me?

BTW, I use the CB login module

This was the topic I posted on joomlahacks.com. Wolverine at joomlahacks helped me, and gave me these replies:

It isn't the bridge, I uninstalled the bridge and the problem is still there. Is it possible that one of the files didn't get unpatched when you uninstalled previously? I am going to install JoomlaExplorer so I can take a quick look at the files. I am working on this.

I have literally checked everything and this problem is not with the bridge. I verified that the bridge code isn't being executed during login, something is clearing the post message before joomla can verify it. The verification is being done by CB first, so that is what is producing the message. However, it is something else causing the problem I am sure. At this point, my recommendation is to rebuild your site from scratch. Good luck!

It took a very long time to build my site, and I would prefer to not do it again, if there are any other options. Can anyone help me?

Well, this was what I posted on joomla.org (forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=49194.new;topicseen#new), but they told me to ask here. Can anyone help me? :dry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #9485 by Gullars
please help me, someone... i am completely lost :(

18 years 2 days ago #10838 by nant
As far as I know SMF and CB RC2 are not working together.

17 years 11 months ago #11220 by cathochic
I have this error and I have no forums installed at all.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn