Component Menus do not appear after installation

16 years 6 months ago #48136 by kcjeepman
I have installed CB 1.1 with Joomla 1.0.13 - Actually a number of times. I do not get any errors installing or configuring the components and modules, however when I select Component - Community Builder - User Management (or any of the other Mangement selections - tab, field or list) I get a browser error page.

This particular server is a shared, virtual host environment.

I have done the exact same install on another host, and it works perfectly! No problems to speak of. The primary installation issues appear to be some sort of file permission or ownership issue (guessing). Has anyone seen this issue? Is there any information available on how these permissions should be set or could be changed?

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree, so any ideas or assistance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance - great product and helpful support community :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #48140 by nant
why not ask your host to look at it - and maybe look at the logs also.

16 years 6 months ago #48143 by beat
kcjeepman wrote:

... I get a browser error page. ....)

We are really sorry but can't guess what the error you see is, and in which browser you are seing that, and what you see in this or other browsers :S

So let's try to guess as far as we can.... Javascript error ? A complex template with Javascript ? A module with buggy javascript ?

If we guessed right:

Try default template, removing modules, etc.

Otherwise, please read this sticky, and describe again exactly the problem with way to reproduce, images etc...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,19649/catid,43/

btw: Thank you for your support.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn