Remove "About Community Builder" Page

16 years 6 months ago #49594 by GreenJelly
Remove "About Community Builder" Page was created by GreenJelly
How do I remove this page and the Community Drop Down Menu?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #49599 by beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #49610 by GreenJelly
Replied by GreenJelly on topic Re:Remove "About Community Builder" Page
You are an amazing programmer and absolutely horrible at documentation:) I don't like to do documentation, but you teach me how to do this and the other aspects of CB and I will do the documentation for you:) Only reason I can write is because I went to a liberal arts school with a crazy writing professor who dedicated a serous amount of time to me.

If we do this, lets hook up a spot on your site using a plug-in (you probably know Joomla's plug'ins better then I do, and lets get this going.... A Wiki would probably be best.

BTW, I posted my 1.5 install documentation, couldn't do a upgrade documentation since I haven't done the two...

16 years 5 months ago #49638 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Remove "About Community Builder" Page
Thanks for your 1.5 install steps documentation. :)
I didn't have time to read it yet, but will do it as soon as i get some time.

I'm not a good documenter, that's why we are a team and an open community project :)

I was speaking about Nick's documentation, available as a yearly subscription, see my sig or the Documentation link at top of the side column). He is much better at documentation than me: see the difference: i wrote most of the ugly README file :D , and he wrote the nice documentation B)

If you want to help in this documentation aspect, best is to get in touch with Nick, documentation will have lots of work in the next months, as major extensions and improvements will be comming. :)

What's sure, for anybody reading this post, is that documentation subscriptions help us dedicate more time to CB, so if you are not sure if you need it, but wish to help, get it. The doc will help you make most out of CB for your site !

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 5 months ago #49844 by GreenJelly
Replied by GreenJelly on topic Re:Remove "About Community Builder" Page
HeHe...

I don't like that we have to pay for the instructions. Fact is, that I HAVE no MONEY!

If I did I would gladly donate. I know how much it sucks to pay hosting bills, I just spent $100 for 1 year myself!

Simply I don't have $50:(

How do I contact Nick?

16 years 5 months ago #49877 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Remove
GreenJelly wrote:

How do I remove this page and the Community Drop Down Menu?

The very first sticky on the forum you posted discusses this.

I don't want to comment on having no money - every one needs more - fact of life.

Fact is that you do not need the documentation to use the free CB suite. You do need to read, experiment and invest time (like reading the stickies, articles, searching the forums, etc).

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/11/10 20:23

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn