Uninstall and Install Attempt failed

16 years 5 months ago #50765 by nebulex
Uninstall and Install Attempt failed was created by nebulex
I uninstalled the CB Components and Modules and now I can't install them again. The folders are all still available and so are the MySQL tables.

How can I fix this.

Please don't tell me that it's been answered before and I should go search better because this is Joomlaboard and you can't hit "Back" without reloading the entire board again if I should be taken to the wrong solution.

If I need to "search better" tell me what to search Under.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #50767 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Uninstall and Install Attempt failed
nebulex wrote:

I uninstalled the CB Components and Modules and now I can't install them again. The folders are all still available and so are the MySQL tables.

How can I fix this.

Looks like your unistall failed - it should have posted failure messages (that you probably ignored)

Please don't tell me that it's been answered before and I should go search better because this is Joomlaboard and you can't hit "Back" without reloading the entire board again if I should be taken to the wrong solution.

If I need to "search better" tell me what to search Under.

Basic stuff.
Use your cpanel (or ftp) to manually remove all comprofiler folders in your components and administrator/components folders.

Use phpmyadmin to drop all tables that have comprofiler in their name.

16 years 5 months ago #51234 by nebulex
Replied by nebulex on topic Re:Uninstall and Install Attempt failed
Thanks for the help and a pragmatic answer. I like to respond for updates. It seems that the hosting company did a migration and there were 2 DNS instances of my site. I was Phpmyadmin'ing into the old location while HTTP was showing the new location. That is why it was saying it was already installed

The new location was showing the old install.

CB reinstalled.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn