Problem with CB install Step 9 on Joomla 1.5.3

15 years 10 months ago #67424 by jerseyjoe
I have created a Menu Item entitled Community (based on Step 8).

I'm looking at the page, "Menu Item Manager: [edit]"

The instruction for Step 9 is a bit opaque. I'm now moving into a dark room. Maybe I'm not doing what is intended, but I'm interpreting the sparse instructions as best I can . . .

The instructions says,

"9) Add a new user menu item as a Link-URL and point it to
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList
(this will be the searchable users list).
Note: if you make the menu being the first of the main menu it will
become the site's homepage."

I click on the green and white "New" buttton.

But there is nothing in the list it returns that is labeled "Link-Url."

There's Internal Link, and a sublist. There's External Liink but it's empty.

Neither can be "Link-Url" because if that was what I am supposed to click on, the instructions would say that, wouldn't it? These instructions have probably been followed hundreds of thousands of times and if Link-Url is an error, surely someone would have corrected it by now . . . right?

Anyway, I am too literal minded when it comes to instructions. I've learned that if something says "Link-Url," it is dangerous to presume that Internal Link or External Link is the same thing. Better, in the first place to do exactly what the instructions say.

How shall I proceed? Do I have a corrupted set of instructions? Am I on on the wrong screen?

Advice will be sincerely appreciated.

TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #67430 by nant
CB 1.1 and installation instructions were written for Mambo and Joomla 1.0.X series.

For Joomla 1.5.x series you should wait for CB 1.2.

15 years 10 months ago #67616 by beat
CB 1.2 RC 2 has upgraded instructions, a new menu manager for Joomla 1.5, making things way easier, and all known bugs fixed. There is no need to wait for CB 1.2, if you are developing on joomla 1.5, go for 1.2 RC2, it will save you lots of time, and it looks already more stable than 1.1. There are a few minor issues waiting for confirmation and fix, but nothing major.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn