Adding Steps in registration

16 years 7 months ago #47073 by ysva
Replied by ysva on topic Re:Adding Steps in registration
SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!

It's very easy, and involves some very easy formwork. No commercial plugins required, easy to manage, as many steps as you like, almost unlimited visual options (you can even make it in flash!), etc. etc. etc.

I'm trying to create a some test versions because all I've got is the theory at the moment. I'll need to have a look at wether Joomla accepts it and figure a way around the CB Spoof Checker (which I have done before while making some modifications).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #47077 by ysva
Test 1, succes!
Now implementing in CB. (This requires the creation of a new function in the CB API, as discussed here . If not, a completely new component or full page called module needs to be made or something else that can load a bunch of php files and execute them while still loading everything cb uses.)

16 years 6 months ago #47396 by ysva
I am afraid I am mistaken and haven't thought well enough to solve this. For one person I am able to make it, but it's hardcoded and does not respond to changes is CB. The CB crew likes throwing complexity at things. Perhaps I will return to this matter in years, maybe even months. But although I hold the knowledge to create such forms, I do not know enough about the CB API as not being a documentation subscriber though I have unraveled many of it's mysteries.

16 years 6 months ago #47398 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Adding Steps in registration
ysva wrote:

The CB crew likes throwing complexity at things.

Gee - that's not fair. The CB Team created a system that does not hack Joomla/Mambo in any way. Please elaborate on your comment.

But although I hold the knowledge to create such forms, I do not know enough about the CB API as not being a documentation subscriber though I have unraveled many of it's mysteries.

Another not fair comment. The CB API documentation is published free of charge (download area - documentation section). Hell, I have even written 2 helloworld plugins and discussed them also. In addition the CB Team has published a number of free plugins that can be used by other developers (and have been) to create commercial plugins.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/10/07 21:48

16 years 6 months ago #47399 by ysva
I'm very sorry, I didn't mean as the CB team making things too complicated, but as my own level not being sufficient enough. That's why I hoped to return to the matter once I've learned more of coding. For now my speciality is design which is a completely different thing. Sorry if you misunderstood.

And for the second thing: really? :woohoo:
After a quick search on my pc I can see I downloaded it and read it; last time I opened the file was almost 2 years ago! This was just a plain stupid error of mine.

I didn't mean for anyone to feel offended, and I appoligize if that happened.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn