[SOLVED] Advice needed please, re: membership

16 years 7 months ago #46503 by Aly
My site is paid membership, currently managed manually through Paypal. I do not have registration enabled in joomla. So whenever a new member pays through paypal I add them in manually as a new registered user. (At least until the paid subscription component is ready ;))

Because it is all done manually, I record their real name & contact info in a spreadsheet, along with their join date and expiration date (for renewal).

However, we are now planning to sell membership "kits" offline. I have set up a list of generic user name/password combos to import into my joomla database.

So basically, someone buys the membership offline and then will be able to go home and log right in.

Now here's where I need some advice or ideas:

Currently, members are set to redirect to a "members home" page upon logging in -- as I have already entered their real name and etc. for them.

HOWEVER, these offline members are all going to be set with generic identities -- and I would like to be able to send them to fill out their profile/contact info/etc on their first log-in. I also need to receive a notification whenever this happens so I can record their start date for a 1-year membership.

I need to figure out a way to send this particular group of users to a different page upon logging in.

How? Any ideas? Thanks !

Post edited by: Aly, at: 2007/09/29 06:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #46510 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Advice needed please, re: membership
Aly wrote:

I need to figure out a way to send this particular group of users to a different page upon logging in.

How? Any ideas? Thanks !

this could be done by writting a CB plugin.

16 years 7 months ago #46553 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Advice needed please, re: membership
That's what I was afraid of :( I have no idea how to do that or where to start?!!

16 years 7 months ago #46559 by nant

16 years 7 months ago #46637 by Aly
I've posted this on joomlancers in the hopes that this can be done. But is there not a way -- I believe the regular registration has an option for redirect on first log-in, doesn't it?

Or would setting a special ACL for this particular group do the trick? Then I could manually set them to regular membership/registered once I know they have joined?

16 years 7 months ago #46835 by Aly
Well I didn't actually have to hire anyone or code anything -- what I've done is set first login url to the edit details page (hopefully, this will be sufficient to get people with generic logins to enter their info). Subsequent logins will redirect to the regular "members home" page as it does now. And for notification, I've installed the cb.profile_notifier plugin that will inform me if any user changes info from the front end.

So I guess ... for now at leat, the problem is solved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn